NLB in Outlook Web Access

G

Hi!! I configured two OWA 5.5 SP4 in NLB : Server1 and Server2 . NLB configuration for 80 an 443 is Multiple host - Affinity Single - Load weight Equal. I don't understand why all client connection go to Server1 and not switch between Server1 and Server2. I tried to change Affinity to None, nlb, in this case, work fine but OWA want run with Affinity Single for not lose the Client Session. How can I resolve my problem? Multiple host work fine?? I'd want balancing the request from the Client, how can I do?? Thank you very much indeed for your support, CIAO!!

G

This is likely two possibilities..

1. Are the two nodes behind a firewall (NAT)? If so, then this would explain why the requests, when using single affinity, go only to one node. See 19489

2. If you are not behind a firewall, how many clients have you tested with? If you have only used a handfull it is likely you have not reached the amount that would actually cause requests to go to the other node. Try setting the load weight to 25/75 and see if you see a difference

Bryan

Ask a Question