Newsgroups?

Moi

Trying for info again. Outlook 2000. Have succeeded in moving the location
of the pst file so that all my emails and address book get saved to My
Documents, which I back up frequently.

But it seems that Newgroups subscribed to are not so saved. Where are they
saved please?

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Moi said:
Can you explain what exactly you mean by 'recreate the subscription'?

How can you read news in Outlook Express and not know what this is? You
define your news account and then download the names of all the newsgroups
the sserver carries. Yoiu then subscribe to the groups you wish to follow.
OE creates DBX files for each of those groups and then populates them with
the messages in the group.
When I recently rebuilt my system, using an image made before subscribing
to some new newsgroups, it did not of course include these.

Of course not. Until you open a newsgroup, OE won't create the folder (dbx
file) for it.
This is what I'd like to have accomplished via my very regular My
Documents backup, which I've already arranged to hold the pst file and
therefore all my emails plus the contact file. I'd like to do the same
with Newsgroup choices.

You can tell OE what folder to use for its files on the Maintenance tab of
Tools>Options. This is, however, outside the scope of this newsgroup. Ask
OE questions in microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general.