Newsgroups "Reply" broken

Rainald Taesler

I have been silent in the group for a couple for days.
This out of a very simple reason:
I had to re-install my Vista-system (out of several reasons).
And now WinMail is seriously broken :-( :-(

I'm now running Vista Enterprise 32 German (with SP2 and all of the
available updates).

Unfortunately the Newsreader-function of Winmail is broken:
I can post new messages as usual.
But when I try to reply to an existing message I just receive a *plain*
empty page - nothing of the text of the message I'm replying to is
inserted.

This is terrible as I normally quote the text I am replying to.

Now I am really helpless :-( :-(

Has anybody any idea on what could I do to re-gain the needed
functionality??

Rainald
(who feels really helpless)

Gary VanderMolen

Sorry, I haven't come across that particular issue.
Does that happen for more than one news server account?
If just one, delete it and recreate the account.

Did you import from a backup? It may have been corrupted.

Rainald Taesler

Thanks for the reply, Gary!
And pls excuse me for the really dumb question.

The problem is solved.
It was too simple: On the tabbed page "Send" of the "Options" dialog the
option to "Include the original message ..." was deactivated.
I had just been too blind ... {siiigh}

Regards
Rainald

Peter Foldes

Rainald

Glad you got it solved. As they say "ich auch" more than occasionally get to scorn
myself for doing similar

Gary VanderMolen

Sometimes we overlook the obvious when searching for complex
solutions. :)

Rainald Taesler

Peter Foldes said:
Rainald

Glad you got it solved. As they say "ich auch" more than occasionally get to scorn
myself for doing similar
LOL

Rainald