Newsgroups, Outlook 2000, WinXP Pro

Ritter197

Why can I not see Newsgroups that I could see in Outlook Express now in
Outlook ?

When I go to View and then Newsgroups it goes back to Outlook Express.(I am
glad I did not delete OE yet or I would not be able to see this and other
newsgroups.)

I find that annoying, trying to leave OE behind yet seem to need it in
Outlook.

It does not make sense to me.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook always has and always will (hopefully) use Outlook Express for news.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

After furious head scratching, Ritter197 asked:

| Why can I not see Newsgroups that I could see in Outlook Express now
| in Outlook ?
|
| When I go to View and then Newsgroups it goes back to Outlook
| Express.(I am glad I did not delete OE yet or I would not be able to
| see this and other newsgroups.)
|
| I find that annoying, trying to leave OE behind yet seem to need it in
| Outlook.
|
| It does not make sense to me.

Ritter197

Why do you say "hopefully" ?
Should I have never gone over to MS Outlook? Should I have stayed with OE?

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Hopefully, because outlook is bloated enough... do you need all of the
features in Outlook? If not, stick with OE for everything.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Ritter197 said:
Why do you say "hopefully" ?
Should I have never gone over to MS Outlook? Should I have stayed with OE?

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
Outlook always has and always will (hopefully) use Outlook Express for
news.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

After furious head scratching, Ritter197 asked:

| Why can I not see Newsgroups that I could see in Outlook Express now
| in Outlook ?
|
| When I go to View and then Newsgroups it goes back to Outlook
| Express.(I am glad I did not delete OE yet or I would not be able to
| see this and other newsgroups.)
|
| I find that annoying, trying to leave OE behind yet seem to need it in
| Outlook.
|
| It does not make sense to me.

Chuck Davis

Why can I not see Newsgroups that I could see in Outlook Express now in
Outlook ?

When I go to View and then Newsgroups it goes back to Outlook Express.(I am
glad I did not delete OE yet or I would not be able to see this and other
newsgroups.)

I find that annoying, trying to leave OE behind yet seem to need it in
Outlook.

It does not make sense to me.

.
Outlook Express is a part of the Internet Explorer/Windows
operating system and can only be deleted with difficulty.

You can use the browser (for example, I use Firefox for
security reasons)
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=Prod_officebeta&slcid=us