Newsgroup with Windows Mail: Restore of accidentally deleted post?

Bernd Leutenecker

Hello!

I am using e. g. the MS-Newsgroups with Windows
Mail.
By mistake I have deleted an answer to a question
of me. Is there a way to restore it? It is not
in the deleted items folder - and I don't think
that I can delete a message from the group itself.
With groups.google I can still find it but I'd
rather have it together with other answers.

Thank you!

Bernd Leutenecker

mac

Bernd Leutenecker said:
Hello!

I am using e. g. the MS-Newsgroups with Windows Mail. By mistake I have
deleted an answer to a question of me. Is there a way to restore it? It is
not in the deleted items folder - and I don't think that I can delete a
message from the group itself. With groups.google I can still find it but
I'd rather have it together with other answers.

Thank you!

Bernd Leutenecker

You can reload all available messages to any newsgroup, but bear in mind
that all newsservers have a maximum retention period for messages, the MS
groups only retain messages from the past 90 days, in this case to mid
December. So if your lost message was prior to this time, then it will not
re-download.

To reset a newsgroup, right click on the group name>properties>local file
tab>reset.