Newsgroup setting

FLKULCHAR

What is the address of this newsgroup that we are in right now...

Windows XP General Discussion ??

Thanks,

FLKulchar

VanguardLH

FLKULCHAR said:
What is the address of this newsgroup that we are in right now...

Windows XP General Discussion ??

In a real newsreader connected to an NNTP server (instead of pretending
to be a forum and using a gateway to Usenet), it is:

microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.

Pegasus [MVP]

FLKULCHAR said:
What is the address of this newsgroup that we are in right now...

Windows XP General Discussion ??

Thanks,

FLKulchar

It's where you're posting to: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.

Gerry

microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John Inzer

VanguardLH

Pegasus said:

It's where you're posting to: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.

FLK is using the webnews-for-dummies interface that Microsoft provides
as a gateway to Usenet in pretending they have forums.

Does the webnews interface show for a "community group" what is the
Usenet group to which it connects?

Francis L. Kulchar

Thank you!!!!

FLKulchar
Gerry said:
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jack

Windows XP General Discussion ??

Thanks,

FLKulchar

you are being mucked around with answers.
If you wish to access this group via 'outlook express', simply set up a 'server address',, heres
how.

go into outlook,, click on 'tools' from the main menu, then 'accounts', then click on the 'news'
tab, then click 'add', then follow the prompts as if you were setting up an email addy etc, and when
it gets to the part that asks for the servers address, type in:: " news.microsoft.com".
after this you will be asked if you wish to d/load the 'groups', simply click 'yes' and all groups
on the microsoft server will be d/loaded.
you will find a 'new' server has been added,, and to see this, simply look to the left of your
screen and you will see it there.
have a look around at what groups are on offer, then simply subscribe to the ones that are of
interest to yourself.
you will only ever have to do this once, and you will be notified of new groups as they get created
too.

from this point on, all you have to do is go to the 'left' of o/e and pick which group you wish to
go to.

hope i havent misread or mis-interpreted what you wanted,, but if so, i hope it has helped
someone else with the same problem.