Newsgroup not working

denmarfl

This question is not related to XP.....but I am hoping someone has an answer.
For the past 2 days I have been trying to Signin to the Vista Newsgroup.
When I click QUESTION, it correctly takes me to the Signin Window, after I
enter the ID\Password it does back to the Newsgroup, but when I click
QUESTION, it simply comes back to the Newsgroup and I see the SIGNIN tab....
So I am unable to get to the window allowing me to enter a question.
Obviously yhere is nothing wrong with my ID\Password...I am now entering this
question. Anyone know of any problems with the Microsoft Vista Newsgroup? I
see new questions entered yesterday and today so some users are able to
signin.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

denmarfl said:
This question is not related to XP.....but I am hoping someone has an
answer.
For the past 2 days I have been trying to Signin to the Vista Newsgroup.
When I click QUESTION, it correctly takes me to the Signin Window, after I
enter the ID\Password it does back to the Newsgroup, but when I click
QUESTION, it simply comes back to the Newsgroup and I see the SIGNIN
tab....
So I am unable to get to the window allowing me to enter a question.
Obviously yhere is nothing wrong with my ID\Password...I am now entering
this
question. Anyone know of any problems with the Microsoft Vista Newsgroup?
see new questions entered yesterday and today so some users are able to
signin.

I don't know much about that cruddy Web interface, but getting them in a
news reader would be a better experience.

In Outlook Express (or Windows Mail) go to Tools | Accounts | Add (or New) |
News.
Set up an account for this news server:

msnews.microsoft.com

The server is free and does not require you to logon. This news server
carries over 2200 newsgroups related to Microsoft products and keeps
messages at least 30 days.

For more detail see

And here are two articles Tom Koch wrote about using newsgroups in Outlook
Express:

Outlook Express Newsgroups 101
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/IE/community/columns/newsgroups101.mspx

Mastering Newsgroups in Outlook Express: Power User Tips
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/newsgroups.mspx

Navigator

This question is not related to XP.....but I am hoping someone has an answer.
For the past 2 days I have been trying to Signin to the Vista Newsgroup.
When I click QUESTION, it correctly takes me to the Signin Window, after I
enter the ID\Password it does back to the Newsgroup, but when I click
QUESTION, it simply comes back to the Newsgroup and I see the SIGNIN tab....
So I am unable to get to the window allowing me to enter a question.
Obviously yhere is nothing wrong with my ID\Password...I am now entering this
question. Anyone know of any problems with the Microsoft Vista Newsgroup? I
see new questions entered yesterday and today so some users are able to
signin.
You are right - it is not related to XP and does not belong here.

Ask elsewhere

M.I.5¾

Navigator said:
You are right - it is not related to XP and does not belong here.

Ask elsewhere

**SPAM postings are not welcome on any newsgroup.**

Navigator is our resident mentally retarded ****wit who regularly posts this
spam.

You may ignore him - everyone else does.

Olórin

Navigator said:
You are right - it is not related to XP and does not belong here.

Ask elsewhere

Like where - the Vista newsgroup they can't get to? Cut a little slack, eh -
or is your world entirely black and white?

You certainly seemed to have found your niche in life, anyway - bleating the
same lines over and over and over, without EVER actually helping people with
their problems.

[Cue completely predictable and probably insulting response about how you
are correct and justified in your comment because of the newsgroup's name.
Therefore self-rendering your own comment similarly OT.]