Newsgroup Access

Mark R. Cusumano

When I load Windows Live Messenger and it goes to read from my news server it complains:

The server you are connected to is using a security certificate
that could not be verified

A required certificate is not within its validity period when
verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in
the signed file.

Do you want to continue using this server.

Is there anyway to tell WLM to ignore this condition or do I have to say yes ever time I load WLM?

peter

Wouldn't it be easier to actually use a NEWS reader...like windows live mail???
peter
When I load Windows Live Messenger and it goes to read from my news server it complains:

The server you are connected to is using a security certificate
that could not be verified

A required certificate is not within its validity period when
verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in
the signed file.

Do you want to continue using this server.

Is there anyway to tell WLM to ignore this condition or do I have to say yes ever time I load WLM?

Gary VanderMolen

I don't understand. What does Messenger have to do with news?

Gary VanderMolen

When I load Windows Live Messenger and it goes to read from my news server it complains:

The server you are connected to is using a security certificate
that could not be verified

A required certificate is not within its validity period when
verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in
the signed file.

Do you want to continue using this server.

Is there anyway to tell WLM to ignore this condition or do I have to say yes ever time I load WLM?

Mark R. Cusumano

My bad, I meant Windows Live Mail. That's the message I get with Windows Live Mail
Wouldn't it be easier to actually use a NEWS reader...like windows live mail???
peter
When I load Windows Live Messenger and it goes to read from my news server it complains:

The server you are connected to is using a security certificate
that could not be verified

A required certificate is not within its validity period when
verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in
the signed file.

Do you want to continue using this server.

Is there anyway to tell WLM to ignore this condition or do I have to say yes ever time I load WLM?

Mark R. Cusumano

Nothing it has more to do with the idiot (me) writing the post. I meant
Windows Live Mail. That's what happens when my brain races past my fingers.

Roland Bierlein

[Crosspost]

Buenas noches: *Mark R. Cusumano* escribió:
When I load Windows Live Messenger and it goes to read from my news
[Mark corrected himself to Windows Live Mail]
server it complains:

The server you are connected to is using a security certificate
that could not be verified

Which news server is that you try to connect to? Can you tell us more
about your specific configuration?

Does this server require you to use a secure connection? If not, go to
the accounts properties, Advanced tab, and uncheck "This Server Requires
a Secure Connection (SSL)".

Saludos
Roland