Newly installed fonts aren't displayed in programs

G

I download fonts, I extract or install them to C:\WINDOWS\Fonts, I have even rebooted and still when I use a program with font options, such as calendar creator, greeting card software, wordpad, etc., the new fonts are not in the list of fonts. I install them as I always have and if you go to the fonts folder in windows, the new fonts are there, just like the default fonts, and windows font viewer will bring up the character list and file info when a font is clicked. However, when I'm in a program and want to change fonts, the fonts that I had just installed are not there. Being able to utilize the default fonts and some early additions, tells me that installing fonts as a "procedure" worked at one time, but not now. Non of the fonts that I downloaded and installed over the last week have "taken". Could I be using a program that is interfering with the new fonts? Could I have done something to stop the new fonts from being displayed anywhere except C:\WINDOWS\Fonts? Is it a glitch, a bug, a virus, .....?
Is this something I can fix or is this something I need to have a professional fix? If anyone can help me resolve this issue, I would be greatful.
Thank you,
Dana

M

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\)

Often, if a font isn't compatible with a specific application, it won't
display in the font list. Calendar Creator as an example, likely uses
templates for creating various calendars. If the fonts fall outside the
ability of the application to create a calendar without distortion using
those fonts, then they won't show in the list of available fonts to perform
the function.

Ask a Question