Newbie Destop & PPC Architecture?

G

I have read a few threads on making an App work on both the Desktop and the PPC, but I still don't understand what would be the best Architecture

I have written an App that will have to Use SQL CE on the PPC and MSDE on the Desktop and two seperate DataLayers. I then test for which environment I am in to know which calls to make. This seems pretty good except how do I debug the desktop version? When I run in debug mode it will deploy to the PPC only

I am also using replication to update both the desktop and the PPC, the desktop will replicate on a schedule, how can I make the PPC replicate anytime the network or Internet is present

Thank
Steve

J

JOhnC

Steve said:
I have read a few threads on making an App work on both the Desktop and the PPC, but I still don't understand what would be the best Architecture.

I have written an App that will have to Use SQL CE on the PPC and MSDE on the Desktop and two seperate DataLayers. I then test for which environment I am in to know which calls to make. This seems pretty good except how do I debug the desktop version? When I run in debug mode it will deploy to the PPC only.

I am also using replication to update both the desktop and the PPC, the desktop will replicate on a schedule, how can I make the PPC replicate anytime the network or Internet is present?

Thanks
Steve

Hi Steve, I don't have an answer for you regarding replication and I've
never written an app for both ppc and desktop so I don't know the
approved method for doing what you want to do, however, what I would do
is build the debug version, run the debug executable outside of visual
studio, then in visual studio click on Debug and Processes and attach to
the running process. Clunky I know, but does work around your problem.

Ask a Question