New record button that auto places cursor in 1st text box of new record

Peter

I have created a create new record macro button using the
wizard. I would like to have it so that when the new
record button is clicked, it automatically places the
cursor in the first text box of the new record. Is there
a simple way to do this?

Thanks!

Peter.

prabha

Hi Peter,

Add to the code that the wizard created for you:

DoCmd.GoToControl "name of textbox control"

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support

"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."