New Printer

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Aww, was hoping to find a printer discussion starting. Will probably need to think about getting another, but I'm a bit out of touch with some of the current thought about what might be good, bad or ugly. :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I bought a HP Deskjet 2540 last year. Wireless with scan and colour. Worked really well. Price of new ink very high so I put in some after market ink and it worked really well.
I do not use the printer a lot. Came to print and it would not print properly as the after market inks dry out and clog the print heads. So this would be a good printer and you get good results with after market inks but only if you use it every day or at least five or six times a week.
I tried to clean the heads which I could o on my old Epsom but with no success.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Ricoh Afico SG 3110 DN with their gell ink technology and it works very well. No scanner on this but it does do colour.
You can print black even if the colour ink has run out which is a great feature. Also you can buy high yield Ricoh black cartridges which give you a cost per page of around four pence. Which may not be dirt cheap but certainly acceptable.
I'll see how it goes. :cool:

I was going to bin the HP but will keep it in a cupboard for scanning use.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I have a Canon PIXMA MG3250 ... I've had no real problem buying the original inks when on offer.

It's an AIO printer that has WiFi and you can use their Phone App too ... I use the USB cable supplied. :)

The printer paper tray is really cheap, it feels as tho it'll come away in your hands, however, the print results are excellent ... don't pay any more than £40 for the printer.

:user:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
@feckit you asked for recommendations. Ask yourself this. How much printing, how much scanning do you actually do ?

Ask a Question