New Motherboard Reccomendation? Please help!

Reaction score
Hey all,

I managed to test my processor in a local computer shop for free. it turns out that the processor and RAM are fine.

This leaves the Motherboard.

I am going to buy a new one as this is the seccond time model this one has died.

Requirements:

• Pentium 4 (socket 478) up to 3.6GHz (800 & 533 FSB) (with HT support)
  • AGP 8x (& 4x)
  • 4 Rear USB 2.0 & support for 4 more.
  • Onboard Sound & Frontal sound ports. (i need the rear and front speaker ports to both work)
  • IEEE 1394 (Firewire)
  • DDR 400 RAM (up to 3-4GB) (dual channel)
  • SATA (x2)
  • Onboard LAN
Basically i want a motherboard with EXACTALLY the same specs as the Giga Byte GA-8S655FX-L but i do NOT want this motherboard for a 3rd time.

Any suggestions welcome

Must be less than £70.00

Thanks,

KGB

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
looks like a good board and its not a bad price either, the ones i've been looking at are around £80

Reaction score
I put in an order for that board from Dabs, but i will be able to cancel it at any time up until about thursday as it is out of stock.

Reaction score
My Mate (It Manager) has got and IC7, He said he would recommend one, if you shop around there's a "Max" version you might be able to pick up at a decent price.

Check E-bay out

Otherwise the IC7, as you have found

:)

Reaction score
BaseLine9 said:
My Mate (It Manager) has got and IC7, He said he would recommend one, if you shop around there's a "Max" version you might be able to pick up at a decent price.

Check E-bay out

Otherwise the IC7, as you have found

:)

MAX is too expensive, and i only buy with warrenty seeing as my last board has been replaced and now it died again.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
the P4P800 and P4C800 will only go up to 3.2Ghz CPU's,KGB if thats not a problem then get a P4C800 deluxe, i have one and its great

Ask a Question