New Domain Password Policy

We have not implemented the Domain Password Policy so far. Say, if i set up one domain policy with Maximum Password age =60, will all those existing Domain users whose passwords are older than 60 days expire and will they be prompted to change their password at next logon? Also i remember reading but wanted to confirm again, by default members of Domain Admins are exempted from Password Policy . Is that correct? Thanx in advance.

Pankaj

Chriss3

Hello Pankaj and Happy New Year.

The Domain Policy effects all users in the domain, so yes the existing users
will be effected. The group Domain Admins are not exempted from Password
Policy, and a members ship of this group will not exempted a user from this
policy, the account have to been set to Password Never Expires, as the
Administrator account is set to from built in.

--

// Christoffer Andersson

Pankaj said:
We have not implemented the Domain Password Policy so far. Say, if i set
up one domain policy with Maximum Password age =60, will all those existing
Domain users whose passwords are older than 60 days expire and will they be
prompted to change their password at next logon? Also i remember reading but
wanted to confirm again, by default members of Domain Admins are exempted
from Password Policy . Is that correct? Thanx in advance.

Bobby McMillan [MSFT]

Hi,

If you implement a password policy of 60 days and users have passwords
older the 60 days, They should be prompted to change the password.

If you wish for your domain admins not to have a max password age
restriction, check the box for "password never expires". Before you do
this, just consider the following: You are not forcing your most
privileged users to periodically change the passwords that control the
system. You may wish to reconsider this.