new chain email

MICHAEL

this is what I got the other day

----- Original Message -----
From: Jones, Robin (CRI)
To: Angie Reed (E-mail) ; Joe Reed (E-mail) ; Diane
Grattafiori-NEW (E-mail) ; Bonnie Sundal (E-mail) ;
Shirley Gleichauf NEWEST (E-mail) ; Stacey Brady (E-
mail) ; Darlene Smith (E-mail) ; Bill Watters (E-mail) ;
CAROL MAGEE NEW (E-mail) ; Cindy Gribben (E-mail) ; Dad (E-
mail) ; Cos (E-mail) ; Witherspoon, Freda ; J P Nerny (E-
mail) ; Jill Hunter (NEW) (E-mail) ; Julie Buice (E-
mail) ; Lee Farris (E-mail) ; Kevin Jones (E-mail) ; Mike
Grattafiori (E-mail) ; Ron Whittington (E-mail) ; Ruth
Sokolik (E-mail)
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 6:31 AM
Subject: FW: OK, so I'm skeptical, too

why not try it! :)
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 6:31 AM

why not try it! :)
[...]

This has been around since 1999 in both forms. Never ceases to amaze
me. Have a read.
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blmsaol.htm
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blintelaol.htm

Jim Macklin

I have a bridge to sell.

I also am going to get a share of millions, if not billions
from a bank in Nigeria.

Everything you get in the mail from a spammer who claims to
be a lawyer is trustworthy.

There is a sucker born every minute.

One of the above is true.

But legislators see it as an obstacle to be overcome.

message | this is what I got the other day

Mike

Get your friends some common sense.. e-mail like this has been around
forever, and its primary purpose is to overload mail servers, routers etc..

Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 6:31 AM

why not try it! :)
[...]

I think I've seen pretty much every hoax email that's ever been created. I can sense that they're pure bull right away being the skeptic that I am. Remember that if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. There are a few good web sites that can debunk most of these email. One that I use quite often is:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blhoax.htm?PM=ss13_urbanlegend

It's wise to check out these dubious emails before passing them on.

kimmy

Mike said:
Get your friends some common sense.. e-mail like this has been around
forever, and its primary purpose is to overload mail servers, routers
etc..
And newsgroups, from all you people who feel obliged to quote the entire
spam.

Bruce Chambers

Greetings --

It's not new. Not only is it a hoax, but it's a very old one.

AOL and Intel Hoax
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/aol.and.intel.hoax.html

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:

having both at once. -- RAH

Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 6:31 AM

why not try it! :)
[...]

Alex Nichol

MICHAEL said:
this is what I got the other day

Another way to clog up the Internet by making the gullible do all the
work without even bothering to write a virus