new camra DV 182

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone And Thank You For Having This Site.
I Found You When Looking For Some Info. On The New Camera I Have Purchased From E-bay.
I Like The Camera But I Am Having A Lot Of Trouble With Learing All The Functions Of This Brand (digigr8/dv182). The Booklet Provided Is Very Vauge In Details .

My Main Problems Are:#1) To Much Light On Still Shots Which Make Them Over Exsposed.
#2)the Veiw Screen (tft 1.5' Lcd) Becomes So Dark Outside That You Cannot See Anything.
However Inside The House The Screen Works Very Well.

Do Any Of You Own This Camera Or Maybe Know A Web Site To Help Me Out.

Thank You For Your Time
Ala650le

Reaction score
Lcd screen on all digital camera tend to darken as you go outside it has something to do with the type of light. I bought a new 5mp (10 with interpol) and it does same thing, my last one did, my friends do.

So dont worry about that there is nothing wrong with the camera nor is it because its cheap. Its just LCDs in general

Cheers:cool:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The 'camera' is a heap of junk ... and you can only find them on Ebay :confused:

I smell a rat ... :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I was thinking of buying this camcorder as i dont want to end up paying lots of money for somthing that only a bit better.

It says that you can only record for 35-45mins...
so can you delet parts of the film you dont want to keep on the move? or do you have to connet to your pc to do that?

Thanks for any help. or any other seggestions for cheap cam corders.

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
The 'camera' is a heap of junk ... and you can only find them on Ebay :confused:

I smell a rat ... :rolleyes:

You can also buy them at the computer fair at Crystal Palace

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again 'There is no such thing as a free lunch'

Here's a good entry level camcorder Sanyo Xacti £120.00

Advantages are that it's compact, takes an SD memory card and spare batteries are only £13.00

Disadvantage is that it only records in mpeg-4 format but most video editing software such as Pinnacle can recognise the files and playback media such as Apple's Quicktime will play back the files.

And you can buy video conversion software for about £15.00 if you need the files in other formats.

A 2Gb SD card (currently around £18.00 or cheaper) will capture around 3 hours at full res on that camcorder and it can also be used as a stills camera.

Any 'camcorder' under that price is probably not worth having and you'd be just as well off using a good mobile phone with a fair size memory card.

Reaction score
i just bought one of these yesterday, from a'travling circus' for lack of a better term...
bottom line with anything, you get what you pay for..if you have internet access, you have the power to do your homework before you leave your home..
ive been a videographer for years, ive got the good cams ( NEVER buy from ebay, my opinion) this DV182 cam suits my purposes for a few reasons...one, i talked the guy into selling it for 35 bucks,2, ( i checked first to make sure it powered up) if nothing else, it can serve as a memory card reader for my other camcorders, 3rd, it is the type of camera you would keep in your car,ya know, when you dont take take your reg cams, for anything from accidents on the road, to the wierd stuff you see on the road..
let me tell you, recently i went to a van halen concert, i sure wish id have had this cam then. theres no way i was gonna risk loosing one of my expensive cams, concerts rarely allow camcorders, so i tried to record with me cell phone.well, i got the footage, still working on making it actually visible to people..
this cam would have been perfect for this...
again, bottom line, you get what you pay for, DO YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST, have a good idea of what you need, what you can spend...

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
ladyprimeevil said:
i just bought one of these yesterday, from a'travling circus' for lack of a better term...
bottom line with anything, you get what you pay for..if you have internet access, you have the power to do your homework before you leave your home..
ive been a videographer for years, ive got the good cams ( NEVER buy from ebay, my opinion) this DV182 cam suits my purposes for a few reasons...one, i talked the guy into selling it for 35 bucks,2, ( i checked first to make sure it powered up) if nothing else, it can serve as a memory card reader for my other camcorders, 3rd, it is the type of camera you would keep in your car,ya know, when you dont take take your reg cams, for anything from accidents on the road, to the wierd stuff you see on the road..
let me tell you, recently i went to a van halen concert, i sure wish id have had this cam then. theres no way i was gonna risk loosing one of my expensive cams, concerts rarely allow camcorders, so i tried to record with me cell phone.well, i got the footage, still working on making it actually visible to people..
this cam would have been perfect for this...
again, bottom line, you get what you pay for, DO YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST, have a good idea of what you need, what you can spend...

Sounds like you lead an interesting life . What sort of wierd stuff do you see on the road ??

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Let me state quite unequivocally that this 'camcorder' is a complete pile of tosh :)

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question