New A8V Deluxe BIOS

John Hollingsworth

The latest BIOS is:

"A8V-ASUS-Deluxe-1015.002", *NOT* 1015.002.

How am I supposed to use that? It won't work via a DOS boot flash.

Thanks.

John

Please remove "NOSPAM" if sending email.

John Hollingsworth

Rename it of course!

What a thicky :-(

John

Please remove "NOSPAM" if sending email.

PB

John said:
The latest BIOS is:

"A8V-ASUS-Deluxe-1015.002", *NOT* 1015.002.

How am I supposed to use that? It won't work via a DOS boot flash.

Thanks.

John

Please remove "NOSPAM" if sending email.
Please report back what you discover, feature-wise, that may expand on
the "Support new CPUs".

Thx,

PB

John Hollingsworth

Please report back what you discover, feature-wise, that may expand
on the "Support new CPUs".

Well on a quick look haven't noticed anything TBH, but later inspection
may reveal something. All working OK.

Rgds,

John

Please remove "NOSPAM" if sending email.

Rila

John Hollingsworth said:
Rename it of course!

What a thicky :-(

John

Please remove "NOSPAM" if sending email.
Not thick at all. I contacted tech support about this. They said to rename
it, but I wasn't about to do that until told to. This is a very serious
matter flashing a motherboard rom and you should NOT have to rename the
file. Makes you wonder if it is the right one if you have to rename it.
Asus are the thickies!

John Hollingsworth

Please remove "NOSPAM" if sending email.
Not thick at all. I contacted tech support about this. They said to
rename it, but I wasn't about to do that until told to. This is a
very serious matter flashing a motherboard rom and you should NOT
have to rename the file. Makes you wonder if it is the right one if
you have to rename it. Asus are the thickies![/QUOTE]

I agree that there should be an obvious instruction to rename. I suspect
that the lengthy name is to avoid confusion between similarly named MBs.

John

Please remove "NOSPAM" if sending email.

BobT

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 13:10 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
The latest BIOS is:

"A8V-ASUS-Deluxe-1015.002", *NOT* 1015.002.

How am I supposed to use that? It won't work via a DOS boot flash.

Thanks.

John

One wonders if this is indeed a final release version of 1015. It is
the identical file that, until 2 weeks ago, was listed as
1015 beta 2. Asus practice in the past has been to provide release
versions in the proper name format.