Netzero version QS 7.3 changed my default resizing pointers for IE 6.0.28 and I can't restore them

Tom

I installed Netzero version QS 7.3 as a trial a few days ago. For trials it
places an ad bar across the top of the desktop and automatically adjust the
size of the IE window to fit beneath the ad bar.

I terminated Netzero and it left my IE default window size as it had
adjusted it with an additional problem.

PROBLEM:
After terminating Netzero, when I positioned the mouse to resize the IE
window back to the top of my display screen; the mouse pointer did not
change from the normal pointer to the vertical resize pointer. Both the
horizontal and vertical resize pointers are not being used when the mouse is
in the correct position to resize the window. Resizing the window does work
fine, it is just the pointer that is not correct. This has only affected IE.
The correct resizing pointers show for all other applications.

Question:
How do I change the pointers for IE back to the regular horizontal and
vertical resize pointers that I have specified in Control Panel;Mouse;Mouse
Pointers that are still working for everything other than IE.

I am running Win XP SP1 with IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633 with all
windows updates applied.

There is no support at Netzero for trials and I found no information on
their web site concerning this.

I uninstalled the Netzero software (Hoping that would restore the pointers)
and rebooted and the problem remains.

TIA,
Tom [Reply to Group Only]

Tom

Thanks Don,

The article didn't help. System restore isn't possible at this time.
Fortunately this is easy to cope with. I plan to do a complete rebuild when
I do the XP SP2 upgrade to clean my system up. That should take care of
things. I was hoping it would be a simple registry change or recovering a
module for the pointers. Must be a freak event, I haven't seen mention of
this anywhere.
Thanks
Tom
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;194759

| If unsuccessful with that, can you use System Restore to get to a point
| before NetZero was installed?
|
| Don
| --
| MVP IE/OE
| Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

Tom

SOLUTION: The simple solution that worked for me on my XP SP1 IE 6.0.28
system.
Click START on desktop;
Click CONTROL PANEL;
Click ADD or REMOVE PROGRAMS
Click Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 SP 1;
Click Change Remove;
Use the repair option;
Reboot
Resizing pointers were reset to those chosen in CONTROL PANEL; MOUSE;
POINTERS

NOTE: I also found that Netzero had modified my registry default entry for
IE search to use a Netzero URL and not made it right when Netzero was
uninstalled. I Forget the key; but, a full registry scan for "Netzero" in
the data fields should reveal
the URL.