Networking Problem

I have a network with four PCs. Two of them are brand new running XP SP2.
One of the tow of them is completely accessible from the other computers on
the network. The other one can not even be pinged by the other computers on
the network, yet the computer that can not be accessed has no problem
accessing the internet. The computer that can not be accessed does appear in
list of network computers but attempts to connect to that machine result in
showing no shared resources or "you do not have the rights..." to conenct to
that machine. File sharing is turned on. I have already done the following:
"enable incoming ICMP Echo messages for a specific connection from the ICMP
tab of the Advanced Network Settings for a selected connection, available
from the Advanced tab of the Windows Firewall component of Control Panel"

I have tried switching routers - no success.

The only weird thing is that the unaccessilble computere has an ip address
of 192.xxx.x.110 while the other computers have 192.xxx.x.107/108/109. Is
there a reason to think that .110 is causing the problem?

Thank you all in advance.

Doug Sherman [MVP]

If the 'allow incoming echo request' box was not checked to begin with, then
probably the Firewall is enabled but no exception is configured for File and
Printer Sharing.

Doug Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

"Four computers - can not connect to one" <Four computers - can not connect
to (e-mail address removed)> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Doug,

Thanks for your note. Actually, I should have mentioend that the "echo
request" box had already been checked. Subsequently, I checked and the there
was already an exception for file and printer sharing....

So, if I have tired all of that is there any other solution you or anyone
else can think of?

Thanks again, in advance.
Mitch

Doug,
Thanks for your help. Here is the solution that might be useful to others
and Microsoft should probably suggest - Since many of the home users are
using and upgrading to AOL Security edition, they will need to ensure that
McAfee Personal Firewall express is told to "trust" the other IP addresses on
the network. Once this is completed all is good. Thanks for your help.
Mitch