Networked Printer Stopped Working

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am new to this site so if I make any mistakes in this post I sincerely appoligize. I have a situation that I am completely stumped on. I am working on a printer issue for a local retailer, and here is the situation.
They have a computer which I will call computer1, and this computer1 has a printer connected to it through a USB port. This store also has two other computers which are using this printer through a network connection. They have had this setup for years now, and suddenly one day the printer will not print from computers 2&3. The computer that has the printer attached to it (Computer1), will still print just fine. Now when I try to print from computer2 it says the printer is unavailable, and that the print spooler services is not running. When I try to print from computer3, it says that the rpc service is unavailable. On computer2 I looked in printers to see what is listed, and there is one that says hp 6500 series, but it is unavailable. The printer is a 6540 btw, and so I right clicked and hit add a printer. I chose from a network, and then the drop down says WORKGROUP, and then there is no printer listed under that which I take it that this means the computer2, & 3 are not connecting to computer1 anymore. I was wondering if someone could tell me why? I tried changing there wired network to wireless networking, and the internet on wireless works fine, but still no connection to the printer. A couple of things I checked are, I went to services to see if remote procedure call was running, and it was, so I checked print spooler and that was running as well. I truly need help becuase I told the owner of this business that if he switched to wireless it may fix it, but I was not possitive because I originally thought maybe one of theie wires was causing a short or something. But he took it as it would definatley fix it, and now he is angry. I told him that he should get a wireless printer and he said he would as a last resort, but I honestly do not want to get involved in hooking up a wireless printer and by some chance that does not work cause then he will really flip. PLEASE SOMEONE HLP ME!!! Thank you all in advance and god bless!!!

Ask a Question