Netscape aligns pages to right

John Howell

Please help me to de-bug this problem!

Netscape is moving all my pages to the right by one full
screen width (800 pixels).

All pages are based on one large table -- width=750.

In IE the pages look fine, but in Netscape all pages are
way off to the right. It's as though the screen is
supposed to be 1600 pixels wide, and the table is flush
right.

Here are some settings which hopefully will be helpful.

Table width -- 750 pixels.
Alignment -- Default
Float -- Default
Cell Padding -- 3

Front Page Version -- 2003
Windows Server

Jim Buyens

Can you provide a URL?

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.interlacken.com
Author of:
*----------------------------------------------------
|\---------------------------------------------------
|| Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 Inside Out
||---------------------------------------------------
|| Web Database Development Step by Step .NET Edition
|| Microsoft FrontPage Version 2002 Inside Out
|| Faster Smarter Beginning Programming
|| (All from Microsoft Press)
|/---------------------------------------------------
*----------------------------------------------------

John Howell

Sorry, meant to do that up front!

The working location is at www.iowebs.com/hkc. (Once the
bugs are worked out, this will be transferred to a
separate server.)

Thanks for your prompt response!

Bob Lehmann

All of these attributes are proprietary....
topmargin="1" leftmargin="1" rightmargin="1" bottommargin="1"
marginwidth="800"

The marginwidth attribute is apparently recognized by NS/Mozilla, and is the
one causing your problem.

Use stylesheets instead.

Bob Lehmann

Jim Buyens

John Howell said:
Sorry, meant to do that up front!

The working location is at www.iowebs.com/hkc. (Once the
bugs are worked out, this will be transferred to a
separate server.)

Thanks for your prompt response!

You need to get rid of that Drawing object titled "Coming Events". Instead:

1. Create a one-celled table with the border and background you want.
2. Fill in your table.
3. Physically locate the table just in front of
"A Commitment to the Sport of Pure-Bred Dogs".
4. Change the table's "Float" property to Right.
(In HTML, this is <table align="right" ...>

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.interlacken.com
Author of:
*----------------------------------------------------
|\---------------------------------------------------
|| Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 Inside Out
||---------------------------------------------------
|| Web Database Development Step by Step .NET Edition
|| Microsoft FrontPage Version 2002 Inside Out
|| Faster Smarter Beginning Programming
|| (All from Microsoft Press)
|/---------------------------------------------------
*----------------------------------------------------

John Howell

THANK YOU -- that solved the problem with those tables.

QUESTION -- any idea why the single-cell table aligns
fine in the browsers, and even in the Preview, but NOT in
the design view (FP2003)?

John Howell said:
THANK YOU -- that solved the problem with those tables.

QUESTION -- any idea why the single-cell table aligns
fine in the browsers, and even in the Preview, but NOT in
the design view (FP2003)?

I've occasionally seen this, but I've never taken the time to
work out a consistent pattern. Sometimes it helps to make sure
that the right-aligned table is the very first thing after the

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.interlacken.com
Author of: