From my conversation with MS Support, I understand that
this version of NetMeeting can in fact be installed on
Windows XP. I was directed to the Microsoft Security web
site, but I don't know which patch to download/install
before trying again.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Raymundo ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Customer Central Sales Information
[mailto:[email protected]
t.com]
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2004 2:12 PM
To: Harris, Ray (GCO-Cupertino)
Cc: E-Mail Follow-Up
Subject: Helpful Link(s)

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Sales today. Per our
discussion, I've attached a few links to resources that
you will find helpful.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/current.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/netmeeting/

Regards,
Microsoft Sales Information
Mon-Fri 6:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. PST (closed Holidays)

Eric Cross [MVP]

Greetings Raymundo,

NetMeeting is installed by default in Windows XP. It just isn't obvious
because there are no shortcuts to it that can be easily accessed from the
Start menu.

Click Start, Run, and type "conf" (without quotes) in the Open box, then
click Ok.

________________
Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Raymundo

Hey Eric,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, this did not
work. Please allow me to provide additional details.

Once upon a time NetMeeting did work on my XP machine.
When it stopped working, I uninstalled it and then tried
a re-install. This is when I ran into problems.

Now that I have uninstalled NetMeeting 3.01 is there any
way I can get it back? Your help is very much
appreciated!!!

Regards,

Raymundo ...

NetMeeting is installed by default in Windows XP. It just isn't obvious
because there are no shortcuts to it that can be easily accessed from the
Start menu.

Click Start, Run, and type "conf" (without quotes) in the Open box, then
click Ok.

________________
Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Hello,

I am running Windows XP Professional (SP1) on my laptop.
I would like to install NetMeeting version 3.01. When I
execute the installation I get a message saying, 'The
version of NetMeeting cannot be installed in this version
of Windows.'

From my conversation with MS Support, I understand that
this version of NetMeeting can in fact be installed on
Windows XP. I was directed to the Microsoft Security web
site, but I don't know which patch to download/install
before trying again.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Raymundo ...

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Sales today. Per our
discussion, I've attached a few links to resources that
you will find helpful.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/current.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/netmeeting/

Regards,
Microsoft Sales Information
Mon-Fri 6:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. PST (closed Holidays)

.

Sooner Al

Raymundo,

Look at this KB article for help...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q267958

As noted by Eric, NetMeeting is built-in to Windows XP and can *NOT* be upgraded...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

Raymundo said:
[...]

From my conversation with MS Support, I understand that