Nero Burning ROM 7.8.5.0 and Vista

G

Nero says 7.8.5.0 is certified for Vista. Vista generates an error message
saying it isn't compatible. Which is correct? I think they're incompatible.
One serious operational issue noted, so far. When reopening a saved
compilation in NERO, the tracks get reordered. When closing NERO, I also get
a "Visual Basic" error.

M

Myweb

Hello MusicEngineer,

I use 7.7.5.1 and have no problems with it.

Best regards

Myweb
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.

M

Mellowed

MusicEngineer said:
Nero says 7.8.5.0 is certified for Vista. Vista generates an error
saying it isn't compatible. Which is correct? I think they're
incompatible.
compilation in NERO, the tracks get reordered. When closing NERO, I also
get
a "Visual Basic" error.

I'm using 7.8.5.0 with no problems in Vista Ultimate. Something else if
getting in the way.

M

Mike Hall MVP

If you have Sonic or Easy CD creator installed, they can upset Nero.. just a
thought..

MusicEngineer said:
Nero says 7.8.5.0 is certified for Vista. Vista generates an error
saying it isn't compatible. Which is correct? I think they're
incompatible.
compilation in NERO, the tracks get reordered. When closing NERO, I also
get
a "Visual Basic" error.

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

A

Andreas

With 7.8.5.0 I only got error when tried to install Nero Backup. The rest
work fine.

D

Donald McDaniel

amitnitro said:
when i click on nero 7.8..0 .exe .then it give error: program too big to
fit in memory in command prompt

There are a many reasons why you might have gotten this error (or others like it). Below are a few obvious ones.
a.. You downloaded a corrupted installer. This could have been because of a poor server connection, or a poor Internet connection on your end. As program installers get larger and larger, broadband connections will be a requirement for clean downloads and uploads. In my opinion, the US should have Universal Broadband coverage by now, but a large percentage (probably over 40%) of users still have old 14k-56k modem service, especially in rural areas, and there are still areas without cable service even in the larger cities.
b.. As a result of downloading a corrupted installer, you wound up with a corrupted installation.
c.. You actually don't have enough RAM (or it is configured incorrectly) to run the suite.
d.. You have somehow been infected by malware of some kind.
I would redownload and reinstall it, after first doing a thorough virus scan and doing a thorough registry wash. If you still get this error after reinstalling it, you might check into your memory configuration, or think about repairing or reinstalling your OS. But If I were you, I would certainly bring your machine to a friend who is knowledgeable about these things, who could diagnose the problem at the very least.

D

Donald McDaniel

Donald McDaniel said:
when i click on nero 7.8..0 .exe .then it give error: program too big to
fit in memory in command prompt

There are a many reasons why you might have gotten this error (or others like it). Below are a few obvious ones.
a.. You downloaded a corrupted installer. This could have been because of a poor server connection, or a poor Internet connection on your end. As program installers get larger and larger, broadband connections will be a requirement for clean downloads and uploads. In my opinion, the US should have Universal Broadband coverage by now, but a large percentage (probably over 40%) of users still have old 14k-56k modem service, especially in rural areas, and there are still areas without cable service even in the larger cities.
b.. As a result of downloading a corrupted installer, you wound up with a corrupted installation.
c.. You actually don't have enough RAM (or it is configured incorrectly) to run the suite.
d.. You have somehow been infected by malware of some kind.
I would redownload and reinstall it, after first doing a thorough virus scan and doing a thorough registry wash. If you still get this error after reinstalling it, you might check into your memory configuration, or think about repairing or reinstalling your OS. But If I were you, I would certainly bring your machine to a friend who is knowledgeable about these things, who could diagnose the problem at the very least.

P.S.
Sometimes, such spurious "not enough memory" errors are caused by improper memory timings in the BIOS, or by bad memory sticks.

G

I had the same problem with Nero 7.7.5.1... however after upgrading to
7.8.5.0 all my issues were resolved.

I think you first should upgrade your video drivers (K-Lite worked for me)
and then install Nero 7.8.5.0.

Just a thought

Ask a Question