Need URLS Of Honest, Unbiased AV Testing Sites

sam

NOT those sites who are selling the products. Having sites selling
the products they so-called test is nonsense.

Please don't try to convince me to get the freebie versions. I won't.
Period.

Thank you.

Bear

(e-mail address removed) wrote in 4ax.com:
NOT those sites who are selling the products. Having sites selling
the products they so-called test is nonsense.

Please don't try to convince me to get the freebie versions. I won't.
Period.

Thank you.

Unbiased AV Testing Sites don't exist IMO. I've seen them all sway to
the dark side. Best to take them with a grain of salt and use your best
judgement and dive in.

There is no 100% solution anyway...they all miss malware so why waste
your money! Besides, you buy one, and in a few weeks or months at the
most, another one moves into first place...it's a waste. By the nature
of the game, all of them are always one step (or more) behind the
hackers and they try to play catchup.

Better to:
http://goo.gl/NS0Tm+

Then look at:
http://goo.gl/DeGBu+

--
Bear
http://bearware.info

Eleanora Rosenvelt

From: BearPair <removebearpair-at-gmai.com>
Date: Mar 12, 4:01 pm
Subject: Get rid of BearPair
To: alt.comp.freeware

"Are you in the dilemma that the BearPair is not working properly in
your
Usenet forum and you need to immediately get rid of BearPair for an
upgrade or
switch to other subscribers instead?

Or you may have been trapped in the situation that you are still not
able to
get good subscribers because your Usenet forum has a bad reputation
even though you have already removed BearPair from your Internet
site."

http://goonies/Nit7wit+

kurt wismer

(e-mail address removed) wrote in

That's not an unbiased AV Testing Site. I've seen all AV sites sway to the
dark side against products I know are good.

you "know are good"? good in what sense? just because they give you
the warm-fuzzies doesn't mean they have a higher detection rate than
what was *measured* by that testing org. do you have your own
measurements? do you think your measurements are superior to theirs?
if we were to ask you why we should believe your measurements are
better than theirs, what reason(s) would you give us?

if you think av-comparatives isn't an unbiased site then please
clarify what you mean. for them to not be unbiased, they must then be
biased. what is the nature and source of their bias?
Best to take that site with a
grain of salt and use your best judgement.

best to take all tests with a grain of salt, just like all opinions. a
healthy dose of skepticism can be a big help.
There are good freeware AV products on my site.

better to get such products direct from the vendors rather than from
someone who can't even be bothered to use their real name on usenet.

Bear

(e-mail address removed) wrote
innews:[email protected] :
Thanks for the link.  It's what I was looking for.

[...]

You do know you are responding to Pooh right? or John Stubbins, or
Franklin are whomever he chooses to be at the moment.

--
Bear
http://bearware.info
The real Bear's header path is:
news.sunsite.dk!dotsrc.org!filter.dotsrc.org!news.dotsrc.org!not-for-
mail

p-0-0-h the cat

//www.av-comparatives.org/[/URL]

[...]

Bottom, you have never offered a shred of empirical evidence to support this ridiculous
claim. Not that you ever offer a shred of evidence to support any of your worthless
opinions.

Don't bother replying. Talk to the hand.

FromTheRafters

Bear said:
Seems to me you are the one trolling...I for one don't care.
I wasn't talking to you.

It is trollish to imply that someone doesn't *understand* http://goo.gl
just because he states that some day you might post a link that just
works without having to visit goo.gl at all.

BTS is very likely more understanding of all aspects of computering than
you are. The more you type, the more clear it becomes.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

That's a hoot!!
I wasn't talking to you.

It is trollish to imply that someone doesn't *understand* http://goo.gl
just because he states that some day you might post a link that just
works without having to visit goo.gl at all.

He didn't get it. Obfuscated (yes, these "tiny"-type links) should be
accompanied by their full counterparts so clickers can see where they are
being taken. It's just common courtesy.
BTS is very likely more understanding of all aspects of computering than
you are. The more you type, the more clear it becomes.

You are correct on both counts! :)