Need Help: Quick Launch Gone

Matthew

on Win XP. Desktop Taskbar. i had my quicklaunch
active. then it went away for no apparent reason. could
be something to do with a virus or spyware, though i
should have had protection.
result: quicklaunch cannot be re-activated.
i need to know what files control this feature, and where
to find them. to get a fresh copy. can the Win XP
install CD run repair operations on Windows?
thank you.

1. Windows Quick Launch menu
it went away and i can't get it back. even if i right
click on the desktop taskbar and select "show quick
launch", apply. it does not appear. and the box goes
unchecked. maybe a virus wiped out some files. any tips?

2.
Quick Launch - not there.
my quick launch shortcuts are still here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Matt\Application
Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

if i right click the taskbar and select
toolbars\quicklaunch - "cannot create toolbar"
same with toolbars\desktop

Carrie Garth

| "Matthew" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | on Win XP. Desktop Taskbar. <SNIP> Windows Quick
| Launch menu it went away and i can't get it back.
| <SNIP> my quick launch shortcuts are still here:
| C:\Documents and Settings\Matt\Application
| Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
|
| if i right click the taskbar and select
| toolbars\quicklaunch - "cannot create toolbar"
| same with toolbars\desktop

One way I am able to recreate your problem is by deleting
the following registry key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D82BE2B0-5764-11D0-A96E-00C04FD705A2}

I can easily solve the problem by doing the following:

Clicking Start, clicking Run, typing the following command and
clicking OK:

regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

Then clicking OK when I receive the "DllRegisterServer and
DllInstall in shell32.dll succeeded."

For more information about Regsvr32 see the following
Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

KB249873 - Explanation of Regsvr32 Usage and
Error Messages
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=winxp&scid=kb;en-us;249873