Need database program similar to MS Works

Ridefort

Good evening,
I need an databaseprogram that creates database like Microsoft Works
does, i mean the data side by side and in rows,;
all i can find are programs similar to Treepad wich are unusable for
me.

Does anybody please has some links for me where i can find my kind of
program??

TIA
Andre Linoge

Le Loup

Ridefort a écrit :
Good evening,
I need an databaseprogram that creates database like Microsoft Works
does, i mean the data side by side and in rows,;
all i can find are programs similar to Treepad wich are unusable for
me.
Does anybody please has some links for me where i can find my kind of
program??

Same request, for huge files (about 100.000 records with 30 fields, some
with text)

TIA

Cordialement,
Hervé LOTH

Susan Bugher

Ridefort said:
Good evening,
I need an databaseprogram that creates database like Microsoft Works
does, i mean the data side by side and in rows,;
all i can find are programs similar to Treepad wich are unusable for
me.

Does anybody please has some links for me where i can find my kind of
program??

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_BUSINESS-HOME.php#2.20Database

lists large and small database software. I couple of small apps I like:

Program: List² (ListSquared)
Author: Monkeyware Software
Install: (n.i.)
Ware: (Freeware)
http://www.bitride.com/freeware.php
http://www.bitride.com/freeware/listsquared/info.php
http://www.bitride.com/bin/listsquared_v1-2.zip
(28 KB)

Program: dbEdit
Author: (Paul Lutus )
Ware: Requestware (unsupported)
http://www.arachnoid.com/
http://www.arachnoid.com/dbedit/index.html
version 3.4 (511 KB) (10/31/2001)
http://www.arachnoid.com/dbedit/dbedit.exe

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Mark Warner

Ridefort said:
I need an databaseprogram that creates database like Microsoft Works
does, i mean the data side by side and in rows,;
all i can find are programs similar to Treepad wich are unusable for
me.

Does anybody please has some links for me where i can find my kind of
program??

To my knowledge, MS Works does not contain a database. It *does* have a
spreadsheet ala Excel, which may be what you're actually looking for
based on your description.

If that is the case, I would recommend either the Software602 or
OpenOffice office suites, both of which contain spreadsheet
applications, and much, much more.

Bert

Ridefort said:
I need an databaseprogram that creates database like Microsoft Works
does, i mean the data side by side and in rows,;
all i can find are programs similar to Treepad wich are unusable for
me.

Treepad is pretty good for what it's intended for: storing, ordering
and retrieving bits of textual information with a minimum of PC
resources.

A good free database program is CSVed:
http://home.hccnet.nl/s.j.francke/t2t/text2table.htm

I see you are posting from The Netherlands. In that case you might
want to have a look at Adres 2000 also (assuming you speako zee
lingo):
http://home.hccnet.nl/hcc.akkerman/adres2000/index.htm
It's quite good and very stable, and it's a pity there are no
translations.

Bert

Ron May

Ridefort <> wrote in
Message-ID said:
Good evening,
I need an databaseprogram that creates database like Microsoft Works
does, i mean the data side by side and in rows,;
all i can find are programs similar to Treepad wich are unusable for
me.

Does anybody please has some links for me where i can find my kind of
program??

TIA
Andre Linoge

Take a look at this:

http://www.openoffice.org/product/base.html

rich

Rich_on 29-Jan-2006 said:
Good evening,
I need an databaseprogram that creates database like Microsoft Works
does, i mean the data side by side and in rows,;
all i can find are programs similar to Treepad wich are unusable for
me.

Does anybody please has some links for me where i can find my kind of
program??

Budgie has a database module - relational rather than a flat as per M$ Works
I do not know how many records it can hold / how effective it is but worth a
try.

http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/business/Budgie.html