Need a tad bit of help

Kye

Reaction score
Please only do this if you have the time, and are feeling kind.

I cant find anyway a diagram or flowchart explaining a Priority Interrupt Controller operation and Polling for Priority technique.

I can just about invision a flowchart for polling for priority but its still very difficult, if anyone finds somthing please tell me, or just as good...give me a good metaphor for the PIC :D

Kye

Reaction score
Kye said:
Please only do this if you have the time, and are feeling kind.

I cant find anyway a diagram or flowchart explaining a Priority Interrupt Controller operation and Polling for Priority technique.

I can just about invision a flowchart for polling for priority but its still very difficult, if anyone finds somthing please tell me, or just as good...give me a good metaphor for the PIC :D

Kye

do your own dirty work u lazy git!:)

nah just kidding matey:) is this some sort of work? sounds v difficult

so many people viewed this thread and none has written nething, so i thought id start off the procedings even if i dont have a clue abt what you r talking about!

good luck

Kye

Reaction score
Ok, this is going too hurt my head...

Priority interupt Controller ( PIC ) is a hardware orientated technique that takes certain IRQ's being used by a hardware component, and makes sure the ones needed the most at that time is being used, rather then one that is not accually nessesary at that moment.

Polling for priority is an older technique that is slower...since, the CPU stops every now and then, asks all the IRQ's if they wanna have a bit of the CPU, then carries on. PIC is constant, while Polling takes longer to check with one component at a time.

A good analogy ( cough ) is this...A lecturer with lots of students. polling for priority, the lecturer stops every 15 minutes, then asks all the students, one by one, if they have a question.
PIC, the teacher stops, asks everyone if theres any questions after 15 minutes. Alot more quicker.

I have too draw a diagram or flowchart explaining this, but...after explaining it here, i can copy the PIC from a well known diagram explaining it, and flowcharting the PfP should be simple enough....

i feel embaressed now asking that before, answering and doing my own dirty work ^_^

Reaction score
me too

We seem to be doing the same course ....guess what i'm stuck on too !!!
If you could supply me with any help on these diagrams/flowcharts I would be eternally grateful .

Ask a Question