Nasty "Invalid HTTP address" bug before Jet 4 SP 7

• Thread starter Paul via AccessMonster.com
  • Start date
P

Paul via AccessMonster.com

I've read every link everywhere relating to the dreaded "Invalid HTTP address" problem.

None of the solutions work.

I've got a vb6 app on remote laptops that uses an access 2000 replicated db. The db was created by access 2002 with it configured to operate with access 2000 formated dbs.

The test laptop is a win 2000 SP 2 machine (with no windows updates at all). It has Jet 4 SP 5 on it.

The IIS server is fine. Bigpost sends data to it (but doesn't receive any byte). The laptop can ftp to the server's dropbox fine with full control.

Access 2000 on the laptop does internet synchronisation fine. I've stuck replication manager 4 on the laptop and managed the replica - this also synchronises fine over the internet.

Trouble is that we're not going to allow the users to touch the db with access / replication manager - security reasons.

My synchroniser app uses JRO code to fire internet synchronisation. I've tried all possible combinations for the server URL - it always dies with run time error "-2147467259 Invalid HTTP address".

I've even tried a msgbox before the synchronise statement to wait 5 seconds - which doesn't help.

This JRO code worked fine with the parameters for indirect synchronisation (when I was testing it that way).

I haven't phoned MS for the hotfix (in the 870753 KB article) because this laptop doesn't have jet 4 SP 7 or win2000 SP4 anyway.

Any ideas anyone?

* This message was posted via http://www.accessmonster.com
* Report spam or abuse by clicking the following URL:
* http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Abuse.aspx?aid=0cba8394ad8144b28bd68ba129975dae

Ask a Question