Myself vs Aria Technologies regarding KV7

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Grr.

Got on the phone to Aria.co.uk today - i returned an Abit KV7 because it was not posting and i did all the things that everyone suggested on this site ie make sure it wasnt shorting or any other components etc etc

Sent them the thing back and never heard from them and i had to chase them up a week after they recievd it - last wednesday. Sir, its in our lab you will hear from us on friday. Get back from camping, no email, no call. today i call them (1 week after) and i get this thick idiot on the other end (im not just saying that either) who needed a couple minutes to think about everything i said. The conversation went something like this pretty much word for word... (after being on hold for 30 minutes and 21 seconds exactly)

He answered at roughly 12:56pm

"Hello aria technology how can i help"

Yes good afternoon, im calling about a motherboard i had to return to you a while ago due to it being defective.

"What about it"

I called last wednesday and was told i would know when to expect a replacement/solution on friday. It is now wednesday and no one has contacted me as promised.

"RMA number please"

That would be 17604

"right ok you have to pay us postage"

excuse me?

"uh, umm, it was tested as working in our lab so we can not replace it"
Right. That is not on, i know enough about computers to know that was not a perfect motherboard i sent back to you because there were 2 problems with that particular item.

"...pasue... it worked sir"

Yes it may have worked but the other problem was the northbridge fan wearing away its own power cable deeming it a fire hazard and an annoyance due to the grinding noise it makes all of the time. To be honest with you sir i would not want my nan, the owner of the system the part belongs in, living 3 hours away with such a part in her brand new system.

"right...pauses....umm.... Could you not fix it"

I would not want to tamper with it as it is under YOUR warranty and if i were to damage the fan blades i would have voided the warranty and be in a position where i would have to pay for a replacement so i would rather do the normal thing and let you guys sort it out.

"Hmm, uh.....pauses.... How would you rectify the problem sir if you were me"

I would give me a replacement because at the end of the day you sold me a faulty product and as the company that i chose to make business with you have the responsibilty to fulfil your side of the contract and look after your customers when they need your assistance in times such as these.

"i need to speak to a guy but, ...pauses... hes kind of eating his lunch right now i will have to call you back in a bit"

Do you need my phone number?

"no i have it on caller ID"

Will the call be today?

"of course sir"

Ok fair enough, thankyou.

"Sorry. Bye"
Its now 10pm...have i had a reply? I bet you guys can figure that one out.

Sorry for long message. Am some what annoyed.

Reaction score
hows the fan was catching on the power cable?

surely it didn't need returning for this, aren't they all going to be the same, any chance of a pic?

this is why it's handy living near manchester aria and microdirect are both near and they can check while you wait and obviously dispute anything there and then with both the retailer and you face to face.

know what you mean about these w**kers on the phones, just remeber that they are most likely not technical and are just reading to you whats on the screen.

just ask to speak to the technician that inspected it!

James

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
That phone conversation sounded like a poorly scripped comedy film!

Reaction score
i dont know if you have seen the power cable for the northbridge fan on the KV7 but it runs under the fan and the fan blades are so small and close together that you cant really poke them out of the way with a long thin object as you may snap off one of the blades or chip it or similar - i did try but i found it difficult and risky - the board itself belongs in my nans computer and i dont want to play with it because it would invalidate the warranty - i figured that returning it would be the best oprtion as i cant afford a replacement!

I also have to figure out what was causing the more serious problem of the board not posting and nothing showing on screen UNLESS you pulled the CCMOS1 jumper which meant that you could enter bios but upon saving and exiting you got the black screen with nothing again.

aparently it worked in the lab but i tried everything suggested here and customer services TOLD me to send it in after i couldnt discuss the problem with the Technical Support department (60p per min) because they happened to all be off sick that day. hmm.

...Besides, the noise the n/b fan was making was enough to drive you crazy.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good luck Chris, it's disappointing when you get poor customer services.

I recently rebuilt my Mum's computer swapping out an old Abit KR7A-R for a KV7. It's working really well, no probs at all. For the money (and assuming you get a good one ;) ) in my opinion it's a good board.

Reaction score
Cheers Flops - yes, i was very dissapointed especially as it was a company i liked to use all the time.

The one i was using was great, until the machine quit working all together!!

I am within my rights to demand a replacement i assume? The board was defective...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
I am within my rights to demand a replacement i assume? The board was defective...
Well I'd say so, but it looks as though you've something of a battle on your hands.

I'd keep phoning them, I know it's a pain but I've found that suppliers generally ignore e-mail. Except Overclock.co.uk and Kustom PC's they've always responded to e-mails.

They say it tests good, you say it's faulty. What to do?

I don't know, really, I had a similar problem with Redstore over an Elite motherboard, they said it was good, returned it to me, it was still bad, eventually I got a refund but lost out on postage.

All you can do is insist on a replacement and if that fails send them the postage and if the board is still faulty go to war with them.

Seriously, I don't know, I just don't know, it's your word against theirs. Good luck :(

Reaction score
im wondering about catching them out on a part of the distance selling act ie trading standards. It would appear i could kick this guys a$$ in a conversation but they would probs put me on to more experienced people. I dont know. I would expect to be treated better by a company that i have spent probably about £3000 at least at.

Still no call - i will use that against them. Tomorrow it be.

Reaction score
I had a dreadful experience with this company, from my experience my advice would be not to order anything if you need something delivered to another address. e.g gift etc.

I ordered a netbook, they took payment and because I wanted it delivered to another address they asked for a security check which is fair enough. (but they take full payment before asking for the security check!)

I provided them with what they asked for in terms of copies of document which are a pain to have to scan and did not hear anything. had to phone up again to be told that I had not passed the security check and "They now had no stock anyway"

It was a present for someone so you can guess how I felt which I had only 2 days to source from somewhere else.

AND I still don’t have my money back which I will probably have to spend time chasing

I emailed their customer services manager to complain and he did not even have the decency to respond.

A very very poor customer experience, be careful !

Ask a Question