My Trashcan Is Missing - How Do I Get It Back?

G

I goofed yesterday - accidentally deleted my trashcan and some other important icons on my desktop while deleting a bunch of graphics files that I no longer need. (I run dual monitors - didn't look behind an open window to see that I had selected icons on my primary monitor as well as the icons I had selected on the secondary monitor. Another example of why shift-select can be dangerous.

I used the "undo delete" when I right-clicked on the desktop (which I found purely by accident) and most of the icons returned. But my Trashcan icon is still missing. Any suggestions? I'm not afraid of using REGEDIT if necessary -

G

Maybe this will help
Recycle Bin - Repair or Replac

Replace/Repair the Recycle Bin This is a REG file. Save the file to your hard disk and double click it. Answer yes to the import prompt. Right click on the Desktop and select Refresh. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by right clicking the file and selecting Edit

A

Alex Nichol

Focht3 said:
I used the "undo delete" when I right-clicked on the desktop (which I found purely by accident) and most of the icons returned. But my Trashcan icon is still missing. Any suggestions? I'm not afraid of using REGEDIT if necessary -

Go to www.dougknox.com
and on the left click XP Fixes
About #15 down in the right column is 'Restore Recycle Bin Desktop icon'

Ask a Question