My latest gadget. :D

Had it a few days now, and i love it, can do anything with it. Iphone? Meh. :p

Nokia N97

2s937mr.jpg

2crveb7.jpg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That looks very nice :D I especially like the fact it has a decent keypad!

What's web browsing like on it? The browser on the iPhone is surprisingly good and renders 99.5% of sites just as well as Safari on the PC - with the exception of flash files.

Big thumbs up for the micro-SD storage and 5MP camera :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The keypad is great, texting is effortless, you can use the 'normal' method if you dont open the keypad but its just sooooo easy with it.

Web browsing is great on it, i installed Opera Mini on it and its a dream to use, specially with a 3.5g connection. The screen is 360 x 640 pixels, 3.5 inches, nice and big, and responds well to your touch. :thumb:

Yep, 32gb on board with option for another 16gb micro SD means i should never need more on a phone.

Spec list is here. :)

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n97-2615.php

So far im well pleased with it.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
'Texting is effortless'

Colour me interested.

300 texts a month I get as part of my plan.

On average 297 texts unused each month.....

Because I just can't be bothered with it.

But a keyboard, hmm....

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Looks pretty darn neat. 32 GB blimey and an extra 16 Gb phew. Wouldn't know what to do with one mind you.

Enjoy.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Looks pretty darn neat. 32 GB blimey and an extra 16 Gb phew. Wouldn't know what to do with one mind you.

Enjoy.

happywave.gif

You could ring that hospital from earlier :p

Zzzzz

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
captain zed said:
You could ring that hospital from earlier :p

Zzzzz

My £29 Nokia along with my £15 bluetooth sender thingy does that already. :D

Reaction score
AB - But does it look as good as that man?? does it?? whats the sender thingy any way??
LOL

Zzzzz

Last edited:
Reaction score
V_R said:
The keypad is great, texting is effortless, you can use the 'normal' method if you dont open the keypad but its just sooooo easy with it.

Web browsing is great on it, i installed Opera Mini on it and its a dream to use, specially with a 3.5g connection. The screen is 360 x 640 pixels, 3.5 inches, nice and big, and responds well to your touch. :thumb:

Yep, 32gb on board with option for another 16gb micro SD means i should never need more on a phone.

Spec list is here. :)

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n97-2615.php

So far im well pleased with it.

So your fed up with the new watch already then LOL...was thinking of getting a new iphone mesmelf and i take it youre not a fan...care to enlighten me?? I dont think i'd pay the price of a Nokia like that though....what recession you say LOL

Zzzzz

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
captain zed said:
AB - But does it look as good as that man?? does it?? whats the sender thingy any way??
LOL

Zzzzz

Sender thingy is a bluetooth gadget that allows me to phone hands free in the car.

nod.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Sender thingy is a bluetooth gadget that allows me to phone hands free in the car.

nod.gif

Hmmm .....are you sure it doesnt go in your ear...only joking man.Thats my lesson for today.

Zzzzz

Reaction score
V_R said:
Not at all, I'm waring the watch now.. :)

Iphone v's N97 eh? Well personal preference in most of the case.

Check the specs here for a comparison, N97 is better in every way. :D

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=2826&idPhone1=2615

Quite a bit of a difference all right....i hadnt even considered a Nokia tbh....but i am considering one now....i suppose after the comparisons i really only liked the look of the iphone. I was only joking about the watch man.
What recession LOL

Zzzzz

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just had a looksee. It's a Vodafone exclusive isn't it?

And there only seem to be two plans available, both two year contracts.

The first is a free phone and will cost you £40.00 a month, that's £960.00 over two years.

The second plan you pay £150.00 for the phone and £35.00 a month for two years. That's a total of £990.00.

1200 minutes and 900 minutes a month respectively so what's the point of going for the second plan? The first one's actually cheaper.

You do get a superb phone, more minutes than you can shake a stick at and unlimited text, internet and webmail.

Fine if you use that much but I'm only paying £20.00 a month for 300 minutes and 300 texts and on average I use about 200 minutes and 2 texts.

So in essence I'd be paying another £20.00 a month for two years at least to get a new toy and mobile web access.

Tempting, but sadly it doesn't really seem worth it to me :(

And I've also just noticed Virgin are now doing a 'Liberty Sim' for just £10.00 a month where you get 200 minutes and 200 texts a month, this would probably suit me and cut my monthly costs by a tenner.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I see your point Flops, but i've been a voda customer for 10 years, managed to get a very nice deal with them, had to work hard to get it tho. lol

Reaction score
Nice phone V_R.:thumb:

Wonder when o2 will offer it on PAYG for under £100!
laughingsmiley.gif

Probably when version 3 or 4 are released!!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
V_R said:
I see your point Flops, but i've been a voda customer for 10 years, managed to get a very nice deal with them, had to work hard to get it tho. lol

Well done that man :thumb:

A deal is good :)

As I said, it's very tempting, nice piece of kit.... but, but... I don't really need it.

Ask a Question