My inbox

B

budhi

I had a HD failure on my work LT...and prior to that my IMAP mail was being delived to "My Inbox" vs the "IMAP Inbox" at least whenever I got new emails a # would appear next to the "Inbox" folder and I would get all my alerts.

Now w/ the new HD and fresh installs this is not the case...WHAT GIVES? what is the setting that has changed and how do i get it back? My mail is showing up in the IMAP Inbox and just there and I am not getting the alerts and stuff...I understand I can set a rule to make it all work this way...but y now do i have to do that...what has changed? What did IT set up differently this time that makes "My Inbox" not the default Inbox vs the IMAP Inbox?

TIA

B

Brian Tillman

I had a HD failure on my work LT...and prior to that my IMAP mail was
being delived to "My Inbox" vs the "IMAP Inbox" at least whenever I
got new emails a # would appear next to the "Inbox" folder and I
would get all my alerts.

If this is true, you must have had a rule doing it. IMAP folders are
_always_ independent of the default folders.

B

budhi

I had no rule...thats the thing...I hate rules..lol..I'm used to it now...so no worries...i have figured how to fix my issue..it was purely visual w/ me...i just didnt like the wording os just changed it....

Thx for the input though...I wish I would have posted prior to the crash so we could have figure the freakin thing out!...cheers

Ask a Question