My Docs Folder

David

I have never really used the XP Docs folder, but I understand that if I
point the My Docs directory to my ACTUAL directory, which is on a different
partition, then I can use the My Docs folder as it meant to be used.
(Simpler finding and management..)

The issue is, if I amend or change docs thru the My Docs folder, does it
change the files on the document partition where the 'real' files are
stored....?

In other words - is the My Docs folder just a 'mirror' of the true document
files...

I have all my data files on another partition as I need to reinstall windows
once every 8 or 9 months...

Not sure that is clear...but any help is appreciated....

Regards

David Candy

Yes the one on the desktop or in My Computer is a "mirror" of the real folder.

David

That is excellent.......So, true to say that my backups of the 'real' folder
on the (different to XP My Docs Folder) partition will actually back up the
changed files and not the 'mirror' files?

Thanks for the advice...

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Yes the one on the desktop or in My Computer is a "mirror" of the real
folder.

David

And what is the best way to do it all, so as to ensure I only amend and
update the files on the partition?

Regards

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Yes the one on the desktop or in My Computer is a "mirror" of the real
folder.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
I don't understand what you think?

David said:
And what is the best way to do it all, so as to ensure I only amend and
update the files on the partition?

Regards

After changing the my documents to the other location ,, u just have to use
the my documents on the desktop as normal and the files in the MY DOCUMENTS
on the other partition will update as normal... as this is now where the
files are now saved to....