Windows XP "My Computer" folder disappeared ¬_¬

Reaction score
I'm running Win2000, after the last restart I noticed my "My Computer" folder vanished. I searched through google and other places for answers but from what I've seen there are solutions for WinXP only so far.

Does anyone knows anything that could bring back my lost folder? I kinda miss it. =/

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Yes, yes. I forgot to mention that. >_<

Also - It's missing from the desktop but I can still see it in windows explorer.

:s

Reaction score
Uh.. how to put this...
I never used system restore nor do I have the slightest idea on how it works. :x

Am I doomed? ;__;

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
if you have never used it then its no good and im not sure if 2000 even has it

Reaction score
I switched system restore when I found out how much it slows down XP. Then when I saw how much hard drive space it took up on a friend's system, I vowed never to turn it on again.

Doesn't fix all problems anyway. I use Recoverpc for that now. I'm using a beta version I got from a friend in the US and it works like a dream for this kind of thing. It saves me waiting for files to restore as well.

The problem with Windows is that everythign is just so delicate and vulnerable. I had a similar problem with My Computer folder. For some reason I couldn't right-click it from the Start menu anymore - just no context meny popping up. It completely ignored my attemps.

Then one shot with Recoverpc and its all back to normal.

Reaction score
webache said:
The problem with Windows is that everythign is just so delicate and vulnerable. I had a similar problem with My Computer folder. For some reason I couldn't right-click it from the Start menu anymore - just no context meny popping up. It completely ignored my attemps.

Then one shot with Recoverpc and its all back to normal.

Check out todays article posted by the PCR staff

http://www.burnoutpc.com/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=202

May help a little :)

I would consider moving up to XP soon as you can, go for a fresh install.

Reaction score
I must admit this recoverpc thing looks pretty awesome. I just watched the video on their site at www.recoverpc.com.

I,m sure it must be taking some kind of backup, but I can't get my head around the 'instantaneous' recovery part.How can it recover the whole system instantly if you have to move back MBs of data to fix the problems.

Can you tell me what is on the recoverpc PCI card Webache? Maybe a miniature hard disk, like the toshiba 1.8" or something?

btw, how did you get the beta copy?

Reaction score
go to control panel>display>desktop>customis desctop and tick my computer on then click apply and that should do it

Ask a Question