My 2009 Post is deleted & I didn't delete it

Dee

I posted a question on my account entitled "Limited User Account Profile on
XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP3" cannot be accessed here. I searched it
through Bing search button above the Discussions in Windows XP Networking
and the Web and my post shows up here. What is going on? I didn't delete it
either!

Michael W. Ryder

Dee said:
I posted a question on my account entitled "Limited User Account Profile on
XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP3" cannot be accessed here. I searched it
through Bing search button above the Discussions in Windows XP Networking
and the Web and my post shows up here. What is going on? I didn't delete it
either!

I see it was posted 10/04/2009. Maybe you have another problem that is
preventing you from seeing the posts.

Dee

Hello Michael,
Thanks for your response. I looked for it again on the date you have given.
I don't know what other reason why you can see this post but not me! Can you
post a link? Thank so much!

Dee

Michael W. Ryder

Dee said:
Hello Michael,
Thanks for your response. I looked for it again on the date you have given.
I don't know what other reason why you can see this post but not me! Can you
post a link? Thank so much!

How are you looking for the posts? If you are using a newsreader like
Thunderbird are you making sure that you are seeing all threads, not
just threads with unread messages? If you are trying to use Google
Groups it looks like the last post they have is the end of 2008 which of
course is long before the post you are looking for.

Dee

This is the second time I am posting a reply to you Michael. I did look for
my post on the date you provided and it is still not displaying at all. It is
showing when I search via Bing search engine. When I click on the link on the
results page, a message in red displays the following:

No posts available for this thread
Return to Communities (link is displayed below the red message)

I am not sure why you can see my post and why I cannot. I do not know why
this would be happening! Can you please post the link for my post that you
can see? Thanks so much.

Michael W. Ryder

Dee said:
This is the second time I am posting a reply to you Michael. I did look for
my post on the date you provided and it is still not displaying at all. It is
showing when I search via Bing search engine. When I click on the link on the
results page, a message in red displays the following:

No posts available for this thread
Return to Communities (link is displayed below the red message)

I am not sure why you can see my post and why I cannot. I do not know why
this would be happening! Can you please post the link for my post that you
can see? Thanks so much.

I can see two problems that you are facing. The first is that Bing is
not a true news server and many posts in this group do Not show up
there. The second problem, again with Bing, is that posts are not
updated immediately, if at all, like with normal news servers. I am
using the news servers from Cox Cable and don't have any of the problems
you are experiencing.

Barb Bowman

there is an issue between the web forum interface and the NNTP interface. People
using real NNTP clients like Thunderbord, Agent, etc., can see both the web
forum questions and the replies made by a NNTP reader. You may not see even this
reply if you are using the web interface.

This is the second time I am posting a reply to you Michael. I did look for
my post on the date you provided and it is still not displaying at all. It is
showing when I search via Bing search engine. When I click on the link on the
results page, a message in red displays the following:

No posts available for this thread
Return to Communities (link is displayed below the red message)

I am not sure why you can see my post and why I cannot. I do not know why
this would be happening! Can you please post the link for my post that you
can see? Thanks so much.
Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

Anteaus

Newsgroup posts do expire, not sure what the time limit is. The Web interface
is just a frontend to a set of newsgroups so this still applies - Unlike a
forum where posts generally do not expire.

For Windows 7 a forum has been used instead of newsgroups.

Dee

Hopefully, this post will be posted!

I posted two replies yesterday ago to Michael and they still have not
displayed.

Michael,
I don't understand why you can see my post and I cannot. I do not know the
reason for this. ????

Basically, my problem is that I could not access my Limited User Account
Profile, which I have now deleted and created another profile with the same
results. Funny enough, my brother can access his Limited User Account Profile
but the user environment settings were not the same as my profile. It looks
totally different.

When I clicked on my Limited User Account Profile, a User Environment dialog
box displayed the following instead of my profile:

"User Environment
Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that
you are connected to the network, or that your network is functioning
correctly. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.
Time Remaining: 30 [countdown timer]
OK"

1. The only connection on my computer is directly to a modem.
2. I am the administrator for my profile.
3. I do not remember why this started as it was such a long time ago.

I would like to be able to create a new profile without the above dialog box
displaying each time I create a Limited User Account Profile.

I ran Full System Scans with no security risks. I searched on the Knowledge
Database on Microsoft. I could not find anything that was understandable to
me.

Any help and advice are greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
--
Dee
Dell Dimension Desktop 512MB RAM 80GB

Dee

Hello Michael,
Now I am seeing my posts which I didn't see after I clicked on the Post
button. I don't know what a newsreader is nor a Google Groups.

When I post replies, I see what everyone else sees. I click on the Reply
button and a New Window opens where I can type my message.

But now I see my earlier messages have been posted along with my last Post
that states the problems I am having with my Limited User Account Profile
User Environment Error Message. If anyone can help me with that problem, I
greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Dee

Bing.com is a search engine that I see in the Knowledge Base page of
Microsoft.com. And I don't know what news servers means either. Thanks so
much.
--
Dee

I can see two problems that you are facing. The first is that Bing is
not a true news server and many posts in this group do Not show up
there. The second problem, again with Bing, is that posts are not
updated immediately, if at all, like with normal news servers. I am
using the news servers from Cox Cable and don't have any of the problems
you are experiencing.

Dee

I don't know what you are saying Barb. Sorry I do not understand what NNTP
interface means. Isn't Thunderbird a part of Firefox?

I have never had any problems posting and replying to other posts prior to
my initial Limited User Account Profile on Windows XP Home Edition Version
2002 SP3 on 10/14/2009.

Thanks so much.

Dee

Hello Anteus,
Michael saw my earlier post and it was dated 10/04/2009. And I don't know
what a web interface means. I have Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP3.
Thanks so much.

Dee

Can someone help me with this network error message when I try to log into a
newly created profile? Thanks so much.
--
Dee

.