Must restart computer everytime I change CDs-except audio CDs in Win Media Player 9

G

Running Win XP, selecting My Computer only recognizes a CD or CD ROM is in my CD or DVD Drives if the disc is in the drive when I start my computer. I can, however, run any audio CD in either drive using any music playback software (e.g. Windows Media Player, Nero Media Player or Creative Play Center), even though My Computer shows "Free Space: 0 Bytes, Total Size: 0 Bytes" when I point at the icons for Drives D (CD burner) or E (DVD Player). It asks me to insert a CD into the drives, even when one is already in and recognized by the audio software. The only way I can get a CD ROM or DVD to play is to put it in the appropriate drive and restart the computer. Then it will read fine, until I eject the disc, at which point I have to restart the computer to get it to recognize the disc again
Could anyone offer any assistance
Thank you in advance.

G

You should select a player and stick with it...How is xp suppose t
figure out what player has rights to what files,youre confusing the os.Fo
example,open WMP,tools,options,file-types tab,there's quite a few of em,settl
on a player,youre problems will cease.

Ask a Question