Must have for 2009 !!!!!!!!!!!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
So what is on your hit list for 2009.

Me I want a nice new gaming mouse. So I think I'm going for this oneas it is less that £20 and seems to do most everything.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/ocz_dominatrix/6.htm

With the Dominatrix, OCZ definitely went a few steps ahead of its competitors. It really fits the needs of the vast majority of gamers, if not all of them. It has a very comfortable shape so you can keep gaming for hours and still be able to feel your right hand after you take it off the mouse. Unfortunately, only right handers will be able to put it to good use. There is no doubt this mouse is a fast one and once you've tweaked its weight system to your liking, it really becomes your own accurate weapon. Even though it didn't have any revolutionary features, OCZ managed to attain a level of customization rarely packed into a single mouse. All those features come in a fine looking mouse.

Using the mouse was as simple as plugging it into a free USB port and popping the disc in for the extra customization like macros and setting up custom dpi settings for each and every level. The bundled software worked really well, even with 64-bit Vista, even though for some reason OCZ only claims 32-bit support. Also, once I got my own settings programmed into the Dominatrix' on board memory, I could use it with any other computer without having to install proprietary software, except for four way scrolling. My only minor gripe with this mouse was the contact points, it would've been nice to see Teflon feet instead.

Overall, my experience with the Dominatrix was, and still is, a great one. It features everything any gamer wants his mouse to have, from good looks to custom DPI settings and macros. The best part? Not only is it one of the best gaming mouse I have ever tested, but it's also cheaper than any other.

http://www.elitebastards.com/cms/in...sk=view&id=636&Itemid=27&limit=1&limitstart=2

I may of course change my mind.

:D

Reaction score
My hit list is massive...But other than getting the Toshiba screen I want...this is what is next on my hit list..And I will fingers crossed have it by the time our 2 days of summer come..I know its not computer related.....:thumb:

Reaction score
External HDD.
nod.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That looks like a very good mouse for the money Abarb :thumb:

Me?

Telly
PS3
A better car
Thorpe Park day out

But first - I need some work :D

Reaction score
Hi Madxgraphics.
Well at least you will be able to ride it in the bus lanes soon.
But over £7000! wow. You could get a decent car for that.
I mean in this weather it must be like riding in the Arctic.
But good luck with your dream.
historian

Reaction score
historian said:
Hi Madxgraphics.
Well at least you will be able to ride it in the bus lanes soon.
But over £7000! wow. You could get a decent car for that.
I mean in this weather it must be like riding in the Arctic.
But good luck with your dream.
historian

I prefer to follow safely and overtake when safe to do so...Bus lanes are full of spilt diesel and unsafe to ride in..Riding up the wrong side of a car frightens me a bit...Specially with the fools in this country that think bus lanes are for overtaking when they are stuck in traffic...
I have recently sold my Yamaha R1 ( Big brother of the link I posted) as it was a bit to powerful to be riding around London and in my eyes a waste..This one is more rideable and user friendly...I normally ride at least 9 months of the 12..Wet weather doesn't bother me, well not to much anyway..As for the cold, mmmm its all part of riding a bike..
lol yeah I could have bought a car, but I have 2 already, one of which only comes out on very special days....Mainly just gets polished and once in a while taken down to the Ace Cafe for a little show off then back home..

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Dunno........

Just paid £4600 for a 55 Plate Black Peugeot 206 SE for the missus as she has blown her Ford Ka up, it lasted 11 years though.

Will have to see whats in me no smoking collection come march, i thought i wold have about £1300 to spend but i'm on about £650 at the mo as i have been neglecting it, should able to make £900 -£1000 for a shiny new PC.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
That looks like a very good mouse for the money Abarb :thumb:

Me?

Telly
PS3
A better car
Thorpe Park day out

But first - I need some work :D

It was the funky lights and the name that did it for me. Sorry lads can't stay for another pint as I'm if home to play with me Dominatrix.
laughingsmiley.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Was also looking at buying a Gamers Keypad. This one would colour co-ordinate very nicely with the mouse I mentioned earlier.

http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/cybersnipa_gamepad/

Ask any hardcore gamer, and they'll tell you two things mean the difference between a winning gamer and a perpetual loser, aside from a great computer: Skill, and the proper hardware. While joysticks, wheels, and gamepads load the shelves in abundance, the FPS player has had to make do with a mouse and keyboard. Gaming mice are also a-plenty, with top companies making several models catered to gamers. The keyboard, however, hasn't changed much, and is really not completely suited to gaming. Even the best game design is limited, placing key commands all over the keyboard, making it a time-consuming chore to perform a series of commands.
Enter FlexiGlow, with their Cyber Snipa gamepad. Designed with the competitive FPS player in mind, the Cyber Snipa relocates all of the common FPS command keys to a single, small keypad, placing all available commands in an easily-reached configuration.

I'd really like a wireless mouse and pad as I could sit in me realy comfy chair to play but there do not seem to be any really good reasonably priced ones out there.

nod.gif

Ask a Question