music to ppt

Reaction score
This may sound stupid to most of you, but I'm just getting into Powere point and I would like to know how attach some music from my normal music CD to my slide show. I want the music to run into slides execpt the first and last. Any ideas will be greatfully recieved. Do I have to record it onto my hard drive first them onto PPT. If so how?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, you've got it - you can't add it directly from CD, but if you can "rip" the track using Windows Media player or another program you can then add the sound into powerpoint.

If you have Windows XP with media player, it has the ability to do this build in, so look for the "rip" tab in Media Player.

Reaction score
ok done the rip thing

I did the rip tab and now when I tried to load into PPT wouldn't as it was not a WAV file and I dont see anywhere how I can save from a WMA to WAV it as this. sorry for the stupid questions but I really am on the bottom rung of learning about PPT, thanks for any help

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you try to "drag and drop" the file into a powerpoint slide? I think it should be able to play WMV (I think!) :)

Ask a Question