Multiple Query Calculatiions

Reaction score
Good day:
Currently, I am trying to calculate 8 queries for a GPA calculation. Each query has a criteria of calculating the grade points via "A-", "B+", "B", "B-", and so forth. Each query is distinct by the criteria of the letter grade. To add all of the grade points in one query I have: [First Grade Points]+[Second Grade Points]+[Third Grade Points]+[Fourth Grade Points]+[Fifth Grade Points], up to [Eighth Grade Points] The query worked up to [Third Grade Points] and was calculating the GPA just fine, but when I included the [Fourth Grade Points] entry then the GPA field was empty. Now, the first three had a criteria of "A", "B", and "C", but the fourth had a criteria of "A-." In addition, there are instances when a student does not have grade of C-, but all queries are included. For instance, I have an entry of [SumofClass Units]*1.7, but I will enter in a prompt a student id, where the student does not have a C-. Therefore, is that one of the problems why the GPA is not being calculated for the student. On the other hand, I do not know if its my criteria or I am calculating too many queries? If you have follow up questions that would be helpful and any help would be good? Also, what do I do when I have Null values when calculating a student's GPA in terms of the student not having particular grades that are being calculated?
Thank you,
MRMKJason

Last edited:

Ask a Question