MTU size

P

Paul

I've used ping to determine that my MTU is 1464.

I understand that I can change the registry to account for this. However,
which key should I change?

Is it
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\myadapter

OR

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NdisWan\Parameters\Protocols\0\ProtocolType

Thanks

Paul

D

David H. Lipman

| I've used ping to determine that my MTU is 1464.
|
| I understand that I can change the registry to account for this. However,
| which key should I change?
|
| Is it
| HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\myadapter
|
| OR
|
| HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NdisWan\Parameters\Protocols\0\Protoc
| olType
|
| Thanks
|
| Paul
|

I suggest you use TCPOptimizer.exe from SpeedGuide.Com to make the changes.
http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

This way you will apply the MTU to the right interface plus its other benefits.

P

Paul

Hi

I know there are utilities available, I'm just trying to determine which key
gets changed.

Can anyone tell me please?

Thanks

U

Unk

Hi

I know there are utilities available, I'm just trying to determine which key
gets changed.

Can anyone tell me please?

Thanks
David H. Lipman's reply pointed you to a program that will also SHOW you where the changes occur
Trying to change things by hand could really **** things up. Why try to reinvent the wheel?

The registry locations are based on the type of network device(s) you have installed.
Examples:
[SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{E2B6F6C6-17EB-432B-A352-ADE25550080C}]
[SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Psched\Parameters\Adapters\{E2B6F6C6-17EB-432B-A352-ADE25550080C}]
[SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{F944D575-DAD5-4009-ABE9-818ECA5F79BA}]
[SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Psched\Parameters\Adapters\{F944D575-DAD5-4009-ABE9-818ECA5F79BA}]
[SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{B9CFB14D-137E-41B6-8E9D-DEE9E4D51FD2}]
[SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Psched\Parameters\Adapters\{B9CFB14D-137E-41B6-8E9D-DEE9E4D51FD2}]
[SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{95C672FE-FB4D-4EA2-93FC-C95C8F2ED123}]
[SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Psched\Parameters\Adapters\{95C672FE-FB4D-4EA2-93FC-C95C8F2ED123}]

Be safe AND smart. Use TCPOptimizer
http://www.speedguide.net/files/TCPOptimizer.exe

Ask a Question