MSN MESSENGER THE OTHER PARTY CAN'T HEAR ME

G

Hi, I recently put together new computer with Intel p4 2.8E and with Intel D865GLCL board.
For some reason, When I used MSN Voice chat, the other party cannot hear me, but I can see my Microphone indicator bar on the chat window does move up and down. And I have no problem hearing the other party.
I thought maybe it was the other party's setting incorrect. But when I use my Old machine to chat. It works perfectly fine.
The Mic. and Speaker works fine, it records and everything. But for some reason the sound is not getting thru to other party.
I even donwloaded ICQ to try it, it works fine no probelm using voice chat.

Have anyone run into this problem?

Thanks

Tony

J

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Greetings Tony,

Some of these Intel NIC cards can misinterpret Messenger's audio packets and cause this to
happen.

To correct, click Start, then All Programs, then Accessories, then Communications, and then
Network Connections. Right click your network/internet connection, then click Properties.
Uncheck the QoS Packet Scheduler, and try again.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.

G

Jonathan,

I am having the same problem as Tony. I am not able to uncheck the QoS Packet Scheduler - box is gray. I uninstalled the service but the party still can't hear me. Any suggestions?

Philip

G

Hi, Jonathan.
thank you for the prompt reply.
I did what you siad, and it worked...
but after i run the windows update.
the Qos is still clikced off. and it doesn't work again...
But, when I reinstall windows on another spware HD. it works.. but the windows wasn't updated on the 2nd HD.

please HELP!!
Thank you.

Tony

Ask a Question