MSN Messenger chat

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Just as a reminder...

The MSN Messenger Team invites you to join them July 13, 2004 (today!) in an online chat with
you, our customers! For one hour, they will devote themselves to answering your questions,
taking your feedback and sharing their tips and tricks.

You can get to the chatroom here:
http://communities2.microsoft.com/home/chatroom.aspx?siteid=34000077
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert
***
Come to the MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger chat at the Expert Zone on July 13th, 3PM PST!:
http://microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/chats

JW

I was not able to get to the chat room by clicking on the link. When I
clicked on the link, it went to a page asking me to enter a nickname, check
a box to accept the agreement, and click the Save button, to enter the chat
room. However, when I entered a nickname, checked the box to accept the
agreement, and clicked the Save button to enter the chat room, the result
was the exact same page was redisplayed, asking me to do the exact same
thing again. After doing the exact same thing again, you guessed it, the
result was the exact same page was redisplayed, asking me to do the exact
same thing again. Round and round it went, but never entering the chat
room.

Just as a reminder...

The MSN Messenger Team invites you to join them July 13, 2004 (today!) in an
online chat with
you, our customers! For one hour, they will devote themselves to answering
your questions,
taking your feedback and sharing their tips and tricks.

You can get to the chatroom here:
http://communities2.microsoft.com/home/chatroom.aspx?siteid=34000077
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert
***
Come to the MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger chat at the Expert Zone on July
13th, 3PM PST!:
http://microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/chats

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Hi JW,

In order for it to work, you have to have cookies enabled. So, you might want to check that
in your browser.
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert
***
Come to the MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger chat at the Expert Zone on July 13th, 3PM PST!:
http://microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/chats

JW

Thank you very much for your reply.
I already had the following enabled/checked :
Override automatic cookie handling is checked;
Allow all First-party cookies is checked;
Block all Third-party cookies is checked;
Always allow Session cookies is checked.

With these settings, the web page does not work (does not enter the chat
room).
Do I need to allow all Third-party cookies too ?
I normally do not trust Third-party cookies.

Hi JW,

In order for it to work, you have to have cookies enabled. So, you might
want to check that
in your browser.
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert
***
Come to the MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger chat at the Expert Zone on July
13th, 3PM PST!:
http://microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/chats

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Hi Hupus,

You weren't the only one this happened to, I'm really not sure why (had nothing to do with
location).

Regardless the transcript for the chat will be posted in the next few days here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/chats/transcripts

Don't worry, there will be other chats in the future!
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert

"Hupus [MX]" <http://www.cerbermail.com/?EL9PaMwCID> wrote in message
Repro!!
But i have more: a cute dialog box saying that I'm Banned (?).
Or, is the chat only for english spoken locations?
--
Saludos desde Acapulco, Gro., MX.
Hupus [MX]

Hupus [MX]