MSI K8N neo platinum

Kye

Reaction score
This motherboard is calling me...

but the whole skt 754 getting old real quick...i dont know what too do. ive looked at the pro's and con's but i still dont know what too do.
i can afford this motherboard. but, i cant afford a 939 motherboard, and a 939 processor. future-wise, i wont be swapping from a 754 for a long time, and also...once my A64 3000+ gets old, ill probably buy a 3400+ instead. considering it might be alot cheaper from when i choose too upgrade.
PCI-e, DDR2, and duel channel memory are they only things stopping me.

i ask you too advise me, should i stick with my ZNF-250 zenith value? which, memory wise is letting me down.
or, buy this top range MSI k8N neo platinum...and get the best of the 754 before i ever upgrade too a new skt processor and motherboard?

Reaction score
The zenith is a nice enough board and you won't get a performance increase by changing mobo :)

Stick with 754 until 939 becomes into your price range, then sell the 754 before the value really starts to slide and offset the cost of the 939 :)

Kye

Reaction score
but if im waiting for the 754 too get old, whos gonna buy it? ill be stuck with these components forever :(

and, people say PCI-e is not good now, but will be in a years time. is that hardware-wise or software-wise. otherwise, if i might upgrade, i wont touch a PCI-e if it means ill be upgrading again soon.

Reaction score
Kye said:
but if im waiting for the 754 too get old, whos gonna buy it? ill be stuck with these components forever :(

and, people say PCI-e is not good now, but will be in a years time. is that hardware-wise or software-wise. otherwise, if i might upgrade, i wont touch a PCI-e if it means ill be upgrading again soon.
There is plenty of life left in socket 754 as there is in socket A (still!).

PCI-E has no performance gain at the moment but that will change..

Kye

Reaction score
too many things coming out which have one thing and not the other. i can buy all the cheapest of the 939 socket stuff, or continue with the 754 socket and buy the best motherboard with that, which in my opinion is the MSI K8N neo platinum, OR, opt for intel.

which then, DDR2 memory costs alot, PCI-e not even nessesary at the moment, and then....whats that? BTX?!?!?!

life in the fast lane just got more expensive.

Reaction score
Do not buy ANY system that uses DDR2 at the moment...

It's not worth it! It can not perform as well as DDR as its CAS4 compared to CAS2

Kye

Reaction score
CAS4 at 800 does show huge preformence gains! but anything lower then 800 then its a loss. OCZ are the only memory company too do such high speed memory though! and everything lower then that is naff. sill, the tech of DDR2 is lovely :)

Reaction score
i'd say wait until next may before upgrading computer to get benefits of better technology and reduced prices

Ask a Question