MS Word, forms, field size fixed? Regardless of data length?

tntgalx10

Hi -

I am wanting to make a mail merge letter where fields are a fixed
size, regardless of the data that is merged.

For instance, I would like this sentence to look like this, in every
merged letter (imagine that the names are underlined as well:

___Peggy Sue___ and ___Robert Gray___ will now attend the
____basketball___ conference.

In other words, I want all of my merged data letters to be the same
size, sentences end at the same physical place on the physical paper,
etc.

??? How to do? I want to avoid the next letter, when the name/word
lengths are shorter, looking like this:

___Bob Si___ and __Sue Bin___ will now attend the ___football___
conference.

In other words, let's say I want all my fields to be 15 characters
long, and data centered within those 15 characters/spaces.

Any ideas? Hard to describe my problem....Thanks for your patience!

Stefan Blom

You could use table cells with fixed dimensions. Just hide the borders as
required.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP