MS Player V9 and Netscape 7.2

Gerald Stombaugh

If I wish to open an wmv file, I open Windows Explorer which
in turns opens MS Media Player V9 and the file is shown properly.

If I try to open an wmv as an attachment in an incoming email, the
MS Media Player opens and displays the following message:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified
protocal is not supported. In the Open URL dialog try opening the
file using a different transport protocol (for example, "http" or
"rtsp").

It appears that I have a proper association in XP but something
is amiss in Netscape. I hope someone can solve this problem.

TIA

Jerry

chicagofan

Gerald said:
If I wish to open an wmv file, I open Windows Explorer which
in turns opens MS Media Player V9 and the file is shown properly.

If I try to open an wmv as an attachment in an incoming email, the
MS Media Player opens and displays the following message:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified
protocal is not supported. In the Open URL dialog try opening the
file using a different transport protocol (for example, "http" or
"rtsp").

It appears that I have a proper association in XP but something
is amiss in Netscape. I hope someone can solve this problem.

You might try below for Netscape "Users Frequently Asked Questions":

http://www.ufaq.org/

Or this Netscape newsgroup, where someone should be able to help you:

Server: secnews.Netscape.com

Newsgroup: netscape.netscape7.windows

Good luck, hope someone can help you above, if not here. I use Netscape
7.2, but not WMP often enough to help.
bj