Excel MS Excel "IF" Logic Help Needed

Reaction score
Hi All,

Need some help and Advice from fellow forumers here. I am trying to create a IF logic in MS Excel whereby I am facing some difficulties. Hopefully some kind soul can assist.

I will explain it as simple as possible.

I am looking at 4 cells in total, for example Cell A, B, C and D, where D is my remarks column.

The IF logic is to be input into column D.

• When I key a date in Cell A, column D will show status "Pending Quote"
  • When i Key a date in cell B, column D will show staus "pending status from Cust"
  • When i key a date in cell C, Column D will show status "closed".
I would like to have all 3 IFS in 1 cell so i can do an update accordingly just by keying in the dates instead of keep updating column D. If this cannot be done, is there another way it can be done?

Appreciate your help.

Reaction score
You could use the following:
=IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("D",CELL("format",A2))),"Pending Quote",IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("D",CELL("format",B2))),"Pending Status from Cust",IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("D",CELL("format",C2))),"Closed","No Date Found")))
This will use the CELL formula to return a code with a D in it if the cell contains a date. The find formula will return a number if there is a D in the cell, and then the ISNUMBER formula will give true or false based on the results of the find. There may be a simpler way to do it, but this is the first way that comes to mind for me. Let me know how you make out!

Ask a Question