MS-DOS error with the edit command

I am trying to use the edit command in MS-DOS and every time it comes back
saying that 'edit' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file. In every help or support that I have read
the edit command should work. There is a file there that I am trying to edit
because when I type it in it show me what's inside.

Will Denny

Hi

From a command prompt type

path

and see if the %systemroot%\system32 folder is listed.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"MS-DOS problems with the edit command" <MS-DOS problems with the edit
news:[email protected]...