Access Ms Access Reports

Reaction score
I have a few quick questions about Access reports. First off I'm running Access 2000 at the company I work for. I have a report where I have fields within the data header. One of these fields is set to CAN GROW to show all the data within the field.

My question is the following: Is there a way to make the other fields grow so they can be the same size as the field that grew?

Secondly, is there a way to have something repeat for the rest of the space on that page, lets say a rectangle box for example?

Thanks,
bpm118

Reaction score
Welcome to PC Review.

I think the solution to both has to be VB script. Post more specifics and I may be able to help you write the code.

Reaction score
Ok thanks! Here are some of the specifics:

Both deal with the Detail section in a report.
My first question is how to keep proportionate sizes of the fields as they show up on the report after previewing or printing. (See fig.1) In fig. 1 you can see that in the detail section the "Requirement" field is larger than the rest because the "Can Grow" feature is on and used to display all the data needed for the report. Essentially, I would like to find a way to make the other fields grow to equal that size of the requirement. I would not be able to use Can Grow because there isn't enough data in the field to enlarge that specific field. Any suggestions are most welcomed!

Secondly,
I have one row of fields going horizontally across the page. As the query grabs data it creates a new row once all the fields for the particular item are filled out. Essentially, if my data only makes 2 rows for example, the detail section isn't large enough to fill the rest of the page and there is alot of blank space. I have each field in a box and would prefer if I could somehow create blank boxes that make up for the existing white space on the page. (See fig.2)

Let me know if you need any more specs.

Thanks!
bpm118

Attachments

• fig1.JPG
    fig1.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 216
  • fig2.JPG
    fig2.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 466

Ask a Question