Access MS Access like applications

Reaction score
Anybody know of any?, I've managed to unearth a couple but nothing seems to suit my needs.

I'm making a database system on behalf of someone i know, and they can't afford the X hundred for access so I'm after alternatives.

Googling for stuff like "database management" and "DBMS" just gives me zillions of results about what i would term database 'engines' such as mysql/firebird/postgress/berkley/etc.

Cheers for the help people.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What sort of DB will you be dealing with? There are a few MySQL applications which would probably suit, but none that are free and similar to MDB/Access that I know of.

Reaction score
I'm creating the database by entering info from hand-written note cards, there isn't an existing database, so the format isn't really important.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ah ok - if you are using it in an online format then go for MySQL using http://www.mysqlfront.de/ or similar. Its probably not the best for offline work, but it does work.

Actually - why not use "Base" from OpenOffice? That might be the best bet?

Reaction score
I've looked at Base but unfortunatley it's not fully developed yet, and I can't use it to impliment the more advanced features of the database that I could do in access for example :(

Ask a Question