Windows Vista MPTelemetry Error

Reaction score
I have receiving a MPTelemetry error that seems to be causing my computer to shut down. I am not totally sure that it is caused by this, but in my error log it is the latest error I have after the shutdown. Here is the error I have been receiving:

Product
Antimalware Service Executable
Problem
MpTelemetry
Date
6/28/2011 9:00 AM
Status
Not Reported
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: MpTelemetry
Problem Signature 01: 2152759308
Problem Signature 02: unspecified
Problem Signature 03: ScanFile
Problem Signature 04: 3.0.8107.0
Problem Signature 05: Microsoft Security Essentials (EDB4FA23-53B8-4AFA-8C5D-99752CCA7094)
Problem Signature 06: unspecified
Problem Signature 07: unspecified
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Files that help describe the problem
client_manifest.txt

I have also been receiving a LiveKernelEvent error. But the last time my comp shut down it was the MPTelemetry.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Have you tried booting to Safe Mode and scanning for virus? A virus will disable AV software in some cases. Perhaps it is causing the application to BSOD on you?

are you doing anything specific when the machine crashes?

Reaction score
It happens when gaming. Either big fish games or facebook usually. I've had it shutdown once while playing Final Fantasy XI. No I haven't run a virus scan in safe mode.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
It sounds as if you have it in such a way that it is able to be reproduced fairly consistently.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766042.aspx

This will take you to the Microsoft Technet site and give you details of event viewer. Use Event Viewer to locate the errors that are happening when the crashes occur. I would evaluate what is there to see if you can determine a pattern. after which, clear the logs and perform the functions again that give you errors. Go back and check the event logs. Information pertaining to the failures should give you insight as to what is happening.

How is the computer crashing? Do you get BSOD or just a complete shutdown. Chances are that the machine is erroring and you are not seeing it due to a restart of Windows. Go here to get instructions on how to disable this feature. http://techqa.wordpress.com/2008/08/17/disable-automatic-restart-on-bsod-blue-screen-of-death/

Reaction score
Alright, I can see that my MPTelemetry and LiveKernelEvent errors occur most often. The last 2 days I have onlyl had the MPTelemetry errors though. When the computer crashes it does a complete shutdown. I am not getting the BSOD and it is not rebooting. I will post the results if it happens again. I also reinstalled my video driver.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Even if the machine is shutting down, I would verify the restart setting. It comes in handy when your machine crashes.

I did see a reference to video drivers across the board with both the livekernelevent and MPTelemetry. Reinstalling those drivers probably isn't a bad idea. All it takes is one hiccup and a crash to corrpt the software.

Reaction score
Alright, I have disabled the auto restart. If we have another crash I will post the details. Thank you for your assistance.

Reaction score
Alright, I actually received the BSOD this time. Here are the details of what I received.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced startup options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000014, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8FD88E79)

*** tcpip.sys - Address 8FD88E79 base at 8FCEC000, DateStamp 4c18d974

Collecting data for crash dump...
Initializing disk for crash dump...
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system admin or technical support group for further information.

This is the error I received from the log:

Product
Windows
Problem
Shut down unexpectedly
Date
6/30/2011 1:31 PM
Status
Report Sent
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini063011-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt
Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 100000d1
BCP1: 00000014
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 8FD88E79
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1
Server information: b7fb11f8-a747-4588-adc5-18da4ae9cf48

This is where I am at now. Any suggestions?

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Start with this. https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/reading-dump-files-t4035605.html

However, http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/237853-blue-screen-random-shutdown-tcpipsys-problemhelp/

I would recommend grabbing the mini dump and checking out what is causing tcp/ip.sys to crash. Something is accessing your network connection and is causing it to fail. I would try to reinstall network card drivers as well as run the netsh tcp/ip fix.
start>run> type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" (without quotes)>enter

You will see a blank line and then the C:\Windows> prompt again. exit and restart.

If after addressing the network issue, address the offending program indicated in the dump. R&R the software and see if that helps.

Reaction score
Alright I will try that and let you know. Sorry about not responding, been putting in long hours at work and trying to fix this comp on my off time.

Ask a Question